Corrupt Archive Repair Tools ! ! ! ! !

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mr. Very Unhappy, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. After reading so many posts as to those having problems as to "Corrupt" message when trying to recover an archive it only makes sense that tools should be provided to make the archive WORK<<<<

If someone has had any success with a procedure to solve this problem it would greatly be appreciated. It would be nice to recover just one archive I have. Any directions o_O? Thank You

Unhappy to no End<<<

2. leonpress

leonpress Registered Member

<snip> unless you image to another drive in the same machine you will be hard pressed to restore your system. not once have I had a successful restore from any other media. The images always verify good, cd or dvd burns verify and EVERY SINGLE ONE FAILS! I have decided to buy extra hard drives when I build machines and clone drives, put them away and just do regular backups. <snip>

edited to remove very unnecessary editorialization - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2006
  3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Are you referring to direct burning to DVD or backing up to HD and then burning the resulting images to DVD?

Have you copied the DVD images to HD and then attempted a restore from the HD?

I think this is an issue that must be understood and the reason I am asking is that my friend who uses TI8 had a similar problem trying to restore from a DVD image.

Thanks

4. leonpress

I have tried to image to cd's, dvd's and network hard drives. The images always verify but when restore is tried they corupt the hard drive and come back with a corrupt image error. I have had the same problem since version 6 when I started using TI and it does not matter what hardware I use. I change my equipment several times a year as I am a Consultant and I use a machine a while then wipe it, put it back to factory and sell it then get a new one. The only success I have had is putting a second hard drive in a machine and saving the image as one large file to the 2nd drive. Other than that the program is useless as are all the other ones I have tried tht say they can image to cd or dvd media. Yesterday I imaged a new machine I built to a network drive, verified the images (3, for DVD's) then used Nero to burn the images to DVD's and again verified them. When I tried the restore it wiped out the hard drive, then said that each & every image was corrupt. This is the last upgrade I will ever buy of the software or anyone elses other than cloning stuff. Good Luck!

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mr. Very Unhappy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Could you please clarify when exactly have you received the error message stating that the image is corrupted?

Have you tried to verify the image? Have you done it from under Windows or when booted from Bootable Rescue CD?

Please clarify also where the backups are saved to.

If you restore the image within Windows and the image is corrupted, please try to restore it in rescue mode.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

6. Acronis Support

Hello leonpress,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please download eXpress CheckSum Calculator, run the application, browse for each .tib file of the splitted image, click Start and make Checksums for those files.

After that burn image files to DVD and then make Checksums for them.

Please compare the Checksums and let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

7. leonpress

Too late for that nonsense, I have deletd the corrupt files and am redoing the machine . You, being with Tech Support know that this problem has been ongoing for many versions. I have been using TI since Version 6 and have NEVER had any success burning & restoring images unless it was from another drive attached to the same system. I have tried to image to network drives, cd's, dvd's, and to other partitions. I have tried the sizing thing for cd's & dvd's and then burning them to disc, never, ever, worked. I am a tech so it is not that I am not knowledgeable about computers. This has happened on ALL of the machines I owned since I started with the product and not just yours. Breaking up images or burning to cd/dvd just does not seem to be reliable for the everyday person. Big companies like HP or Dell may invest in special equipment that do it reliably but we cannot. For my part I will invest in spare drives and image to them then store them away.

8. Acronis Support

Hello leonpress,

We are really sorry that you are displeased with the work of Acronis software.

Could you please clarify if any of your computers are overclocked?

Please also perform the memory test suggested by Menorcaman and let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.