Corrupt after verification HOW HOW HOW

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dirkduplooy, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirkduplooy

dirkduplooy Registered Member

Can anybody explain why a created verified image will show up as corrupt when you try to recover? Is there anybody out there who can tell me why on version 9.0 and why it never happened on 8.0?

2. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

I can only tell you this is a problem which Acronis believes it has fixed in build 2323. What build are you using?

3. sipapu

sipapu Registered Member

How does one update? I have version 9, build 2,259. Went to updates and it keeps asking me to register. Each time I do it states I am already registered and I cannot get past this point.

Tried using True Image today and backup said it was successful, yet when I tried to verify the backup I get a "corrupted" notice. (see attachment). Is this due to an older build?

Attached Files:

4. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

Hi sipapu,

This is a stab in the dark but I came across a similar problem yesterday. Can you see the 'Already Registered?' section over on the right hand side of the Registration screen? If not, you should scroll over to the RHS and Sign In. I can't reproduce it here but it's probably caused by your screen resolution and/or physical display area.:cool:

5. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

Acronis Support will have to help you with this. Perhaps you should contact them via email if you haven't.

This may well be.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dirkduplooy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persist with the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please collect the following information:

- Create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Where do you store your images?

- Clarify whether your images verify as corrupted both when Acronis True Image 9.0 (build 2323) is running from under Windows and when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report.txt file and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sipapu,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If you still unable to download the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 for some reason then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the information confirming your purchase of Acronis True Image 9.0 (your serial number, where did you purchase our product, order number, e-mail, copy of invoice, scan copy of receipt, etc.) in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will certainly try to help you.

Yes, some of the older builds of Acronis True Image 9.0 verify actually non-corrupted images as corrupted. However, this problem has been already investigated and fixed.

I therefore recommend you to download and install the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/ and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please send us the information I have requested in my previous post addressed to dirkduplooy. We will certainly try to help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  8. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

The Acronis replies re obtaining the update will have you going around in circles.

I said it was a stab in the dark, but I'm actually quite sure that your problem is simply that you can't see the part of the page where you can sign in if already registered. I have come across this problem several times before and it has always been solved by scrolling across and signing in. If you have forgotten either your password or registration email address, you can also get one of them in the Sign In area.:cool:

9. Anon2

Anon2 Guest

Restore will work fine from the image and it will not show as corrupt if you run from TI 8 bootCD.

If you persist with attempting to restore a supposedly "corrupt" image with TI9 - you will end up with a non-bootable system. From first hand experience *sighs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.