corrupt adawear files

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by thesnowman guy, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adawear version 6.181 (cause the new version does not work on my os)

all worked well.....until last night.....went to install new ref file....5% installed..BANG....corrupt adawear........removed and re-install adawear today.......went for updated ref file....BANG 5% installed...corrupted adawear...........

all security fully updated....OS not infected......the file Adawear is trying to install is super outfdated.....back from 2002.........oops.....something wrong there..........off the OS adawear goes..un-installed......hello spy-bot..how you doing today....join my party please.....

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. RON

Thank you kind Sir....your generous nature is most appreciated..

say..any idea what the issue is that prevents adawear for fully scanning win98seo_O it just stops!

4. tsmg

tsmg Guest

***say..any idea what the issue is that prevents adawear for fully scanning win98se it just stops!********

version SE.....their newest

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

6. ******I don't know Snowy. Could your antivirus be interfering?
    I suppose you have looked at the forums. *******

RON

That was my first though since I do have some "odd" security installed....but no.....shut everything down..........adawear just wont scan the entire system...stops each time at c:/temp/adawear......yup..there is a temp folder by that name during scanning.........deleted it...encrypted it..cursed it....threw a bannana at it...........nope...just wont work

version 6.181 was working just fine.....until this corruption issue

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Snowy

This isn't the first time for Ad-Aware to have corrupted files.
    I really don't know what the problem is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.