Correct Exchange 2000 Config for NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dsi-ap, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsi-ap

dsi-ap Registered Member

Hello all,

I am a bit concearned witht he config I have setup for our exchange servers. Not totaly convinced I have all the right file/folder exclusions in place. One of our exchange servers is now running NOD32 for the sole purpose to test out the water and make sure NOD32 and exchange run happily together. Unfortunately the server that runs NOD32/Exchange 2000 keeps rebooting when its made the live servers for our exchange mailgroup.

We are not totaly sure what it might be although we have run Dell extended test and found no hard ware appart from bad floppy disk reads.

So I am trying to investigate if NOD32 affects the server. I did notice the drive space jumped to 300MB used within the 10minutes the server was running live before it abruply rebooted it self.

The 300MB Drive space used was as a result of the exchange transactional log files building up rapidly, which kind of suggest the antivirus software is scanning the log even tho after double/tripple checking I have excluded all areas and file types that need to be excluded.

I wondered if someone could help with this.

Thank you.

2. dsi-ap

dsi-ap Registered Member

Had to disable the AMON modules as the Exchange Transitional LOgs fiels we buildiing up and soon to run of space if left on.

I have attached our config file, can some help on this one.

tahnk you.

Attached Files:

3. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello dsi-ap,

If you have NOD32 set to "List all files", the log will build up quickly. You only want problem files listed. How is yours set?

Regarding the rebooting, is IMON enabled on the server? If it is, try to "Quit" it and reboot. They recommened not installing it on the server.

4. dsi-ap

dsi-ap Registered Member

Hi thank you for your response.

The rebooting was not a NOD32 issue at all in the end and yes IMON i have always disabled on all servers.

I have scan only listed file extensions and not all for the AMON setup.

Still think AMON will cause a problem, I have enabled backup and monitoring our server for logs building up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.