Coranti Antivirus and Antispyware

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Dermot7, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Dermot7, as requested, the thread's title has been corrected.

2. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Very kind of you JR, many thanks.:)

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Dermot7, you're welcome! Take care.

4. insf

insf Registered Member

Regarding Norman, I am not a user, but in spite of their admittedly weak performance in a lot of tests, they do certain things well. They added detection for Stuxnet a few days before most of the "major" vendors (yes, after VirusBlokAda), for example.

And I've personally seen situations where they are detecting a lot of samples that several other vendors are missing.

5. ejames82

ejames82 Registered Member

Re: Coranti Antivirus and Antisptware

Coranti

is this still being offered? i sent you a PM.

thanks.

6. Coranti

Coranti Registered Member

Re: Coranti Antivirus and Antisptware

Yes, absolutely. Please check your inbox.
    We're working on a new update to be released over the next few days with a focus on performance.

7. Coranti

New Coranti update just launched on http://www.coranti.com. Updated engines and several on-access scan performance improvements. More usability and on-demand performance are in the pipeline.

Send PM for limited NFRs in return for constructive feedback. Always appreciated and genuinely considered.

Version 1.2.3 (released November 8, 2010)

1. Major QuadShield™ scan engine update: BitDefender, FProt and Lavasoft engines updated to very latest version. Increased performance and malware detection!
      Note: when updating to Coranti 1.2.3, older versions of Coranti will be uninstalled and a new full virus definition update is required after the update. Subsequent virus definition updates will be small incremental updates as before.
    2. Performance boost of on-access scanner: file access operations are now 2 to 5 times faster depending on the system configuration.
    3. Performance boost of real-time file operations: new handlers helps to avoid superfluous scanning and overall system performance has been improved, especially under Windows Vista and Windows 7.
    4. Bugfix: removable media are only scanned when media is inserted
    5. Bugfix: scheduler now handles conflicting tasks correctly. Related tasks (e.g. “Scan My Computer”, “Scan My Documents”, etc.) can only be started after the running task has been completed.
    6. Bugfix: license information is refreshed after activation without the need to exit and open the application.
    7. Bugfix: occasional system hangs on shutdown after working with network files has been resolved.
    8. Bugfix: all right-click scan tasks in Windows Explorer shell now start correctly.

8. newone

newone Registered Member

thank you coranti, i have just installed, excellent , good job, keep up the good work, look forward to coranti 2011 :)

9. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

10. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

gonna ask if this still being offered?

11. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

I think 4 engines are way too much.
    I think finding a good combination is the key to a good multi engine AV product.
    (Who cares about Norman or F-Prot?? :rolleyes: )

My dreamteam would be:
    DrWeb (excellent rootkit detection)
    Bitdefender (good AV engine)
    Lavasoft (good Adware, Spyware and Phishing detection)

I think that would be a great deal! :)

12. Coranti

No doubt, consumers have their own preferences when it comes to which engine combination would be the best.

Our core concept is that the level of security benefits from diversity. The more diverse the countermeasures used, the less predictable the technology becomes for the bad guys to circumvent.

13. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

Yeah, i understand that. But i think some engines are only a performance hog without spending any protection. ;)

14. ejames82

coranti,

"I'm part of the Coranti team and decided to register, hoping for some feedback of the posters here"
    i'm happy with the performance so far. i have not made any adjustments yet, but i do intend to. the first thing i did after installation was to go through the gui thoroughly. it's very user friendly.

i haven't registered the product with the key you provided me, i am still on the trial version.

how do i register with your key?

much thanks.

15. Coranti

ejames82,

1. Launch “Coranti 2010” by clicking on “Start > Coranti 2010” or by clicking on the “Coranti 2010” system-tray icon. On the right navigation bar click the “General icon”. The “Current Security Status” menu item will open.
    2. In the License Information section, click the “Buy "Coranti 2010" Now” link-button. The registration dialog window will open.
    3. In the dialog window enter your license key into the edit box and click OK. To avoid typing mistakes, we suggest you copy&paste your license key. Upon successful activation, a confirmation window that your program has been activated will pop-up. Close the window and you are now ready to use Coranti 2010.

16. ejames82

activation went as smooth as silk.

i'm quite happy with the way it's working. after using it several days now, this antivirus is behaving in much the same way as kaspersky, avg, mcafee and bitdefender did when i used those (there would be slow-downs during updating, which is common).
    webpages come up quite fast for having four antimalware engines working.

i'm almost tempted to click on an infected link! just kidding.:)

thanks.

17. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

The truth is all those engines have a name behind them. All those companies have been around for years.

But more truth, is the fact that those engines are not at the top of the game like others have been for many years.

All those engines with the exception of BitDefender are pretty much the middle of the road.

For free, Avria and Avast are a better product...

18. Coranti

19. newone

newone Registered Member

keep up the good work, looking forward to coranti 2011 :thumb:

20. Coranti

We've just gone live with a new version 1.3.1
    This version swaps out Norman with Lavasoft for antivirus scanning.
    We're seeing considerable speed and performance improvements but ultimately it's about what you see. All constructive criticism very welcome and appreciated. We have a few NFR keys for reviewers and testers. Please send PM.

21. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

So it means you are now with 3 Engines ... and Norman is out of the game.

22. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I think another protection module from Lavasoft was added instead instead of Norman. I could be wrong though. I think it was a wise decision of Coranti. Norman just doesn't cut it these days.

23. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

24. Coranti

No, as shadek pointed out we are technically still running 4 independent engines in total: 3 for Antivirus and 1 for Antispyware.

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

25. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Surely I'll. But honestly speaking, I am still waiting for major release. The 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.