Copy Errors

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Ed_H, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I have been using FDISR for over a year without problems. Recently, I have been getting errors when copying to other snapshots or archives. The error count in the summary table always shows 0 but at the top of the window it shows errors, usually 27. Here is a snapshot of some of the errors FDISR Error 2.jpg

When I Boot to other snapshots, I ger error messages on things like Windows Search Service not started or unusual errors with Windows Media Player. I have shutdown KIS 2009 and disabled DefenseWall when making snapshots but it did not make a difference. I have also switched from VSS to RSS...no luck here either.

Any suggestion appreciated.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

What happens if you uninstall NIS2009. Often disabling doesn't solve a problem. Sounds like NIS is protecting something.

3. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Sorry, the snapshot name is misleading. I was doing a copy/update from a snapshot with KIS 2009 to a snapshot named NIS 2009. NIS 2009 was on the destination snapshot but should be replaced with KIS.

I have never found it necessary to uninstall security software prior to using FDISR but I'll give it a try with both KIS and DefenseWall. Can't hurt.

4. Peter2150

Taking a closer look at those files, the name lengths are enormous. Do you have any idea where they came from.

Pete

5. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Unfortunately, no. I have not been able to figure out how to track them back to anything

6. Peter2150

If you can image your system, do so, and then try deleting them and see what happens.

Pete

7. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I have Shadow Protect installed so no problem. I checked the FDISR logs on my wife's laptop and the same issue exists. Maybe those files are Lenovo related because her laptop has very little additional software installed. I'll delete them and see what happens.

8. Peter2150

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet with no such issue. I suspect it is some other security software.

Pete

9. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Turns out it was KIS interfering and causing the copy errors. I had paused protection previously but still had the copy errors. Exiting KIS completely eliminated the errors.

When I get some time, I will delete those files with the extremely long names and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.