Cool Info: Its easy to make Notepad autowrap text

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Just thought I'd pass this on.

The problem: when you open text documents instead of the text wrapping to new lines to conform to the width of your window, it makes a few really long sentences so you have to have to enter the line breaks yourself or use the scroll bar. Not fun!

The Answer: edit one registry value and change it from 0 to 1.

It is really quite easy. when you locate this key then select it. go up to regedits edit menu and select "Modify" note that option won't appear if you have not selected the one to modify. the default value is 0. change it to one.

Needless to say, this info is just for people who already know it, or don't need it. You know...for us power users! Ha ha ha

- HandsOff

Attached Files:

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I'm missing something here, I think -- isn't it simpler to just use the on-off toggle for wrapping in Notepad's "Format" menu?

If I want to paste a text file somewhere, usually I'll turn wrapping on while I'm working on the file, so I can see what I'm doing. Then I turn it off before saving, which among other things will let me quickly spot unintended hard-returns I've put in or left in.

And with wrapping turned off, it'll neatly wrap appropriately wherever I'm pasting it, email or board or whatever.

3. HandsOff

Hmmmmmmm for some reason the word wrap option was not in my menu until I edited the registry. the only option was font.

-HandsOff

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

hmmm.......... power user? :D

GF

5. HandsOff

Yeah....I'm working on it!

- HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.