Cool Encrypter/Decypter

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by jeffsbaker, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

You don't get or? And i just assume that you never will. As i said already in previous posts the weakness starts already with this that space are not encrypted! I repead it again: Based on this you know how long every encrypted word is. And the chance that you hit by guessing (or in the case of brute forcing) a correct english word with 3 or 2 characters (or even only a single one) is VERY HIGH. Example: You can build up a possibly hash array of all 3 character words. For instance "the", "are" etc. You put priority here on the most used words which will most likely apear in every text, for example "the". If you find something at the start of the new sentence You can assume that the first character there should be capital. Even alone the fact that somebody can tell you how many words were used in your encrypted text is a big flaw! Especially because you know how long every word is and in which row they are! Just because YOU cannot break your own algorithm doesn't mean its secure. I know enough coders which do not understand their own code. Still they telling other people they are programers. And NOBODY is going to prove to you by investing time to write a decrypter of this. If the experts would start with this they would only be busy with doing this 24 hours per day since you are not the only one who thinks he has reinvented the wheel. What do you expect? That Bruce Schneier gives a comment on your silly "Cool Encrypter"? I can arrange this, but don't be upset when he posts it under "Snake Oil" on his homepage! But usually it schould be really enough if somebody like Vesselin Bontchev who is a wellknow resepected person in the AV industry AND IN THE PGP GROUP tells you too that you are wrong. You can read more about him here: http://www.people.frisk-software.com/~bontchev/

I mean alone the fact that you dont even consider that one of the guys posting here "could be" right and that you block all what would destroy your dream of your super-perfect encryption from your encryptor. Please do us all a favor and stop acting like a fool. Sorry to speak so frankly but unfortunately you have picked a wrong forum to fool people. You will most likely meet here one real expert for almost all kinds of Computer Security. I mean most likely you do not know it, but especially in the AV industry you have DAILY to deal with encryption. And just believe me, some of the viruses are more encrypted than your algorithm is able to do!

2. jeffsbaker

jeffsbaker Registered Member

I am sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. I guess I did pick the wrong forum. I thought I could just discuss this here and anybody interested could reply and anybody not interested didn't have to.

Oh, by the way, since you mentioned it, I did investigate the 2 or 3 letter word thing. I know that people can analyze and try to figure out what those words are because there are few words that length. At first I was encrypting the spaces, but I stopped because I didn't like the way it looked.

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

don't give up on this forum if you want to learn about cryptography. carry on learning and make sure you ask the right questions when you post because i'd guess there are more cryptography experts here then any other subject!

4. jeffsbaker

Thanks for the comment. Actually I have learned alot from this forum and other forums. I'll try to say things better from now on. I actually have alot to think about and work on. Like I said, it is mainly for entertainment. But I would like it to be somewhat secure. There are a few changes I will probably make when I have more time.

5. jeffsbaker

If anyone wants to take a look I have now added encrypting of spaces in the algorithm and it still changes the letters nicely because I added my own word-wrap to the textbox, so that when the spaces are turned into other characters the browsers don't move the text up and down lines. Also the key can be 50 characters in length now.

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/encrypter/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.