Converting images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fantik, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fantik

fantik Registered Member

Hi all.

Can I convert an image, made by TI Backup Server (BS) to *.tib ?

If not, then how I can use BS-maked Images, if server, where TIBS installed, fallen down?

2. fantik

fantik Registered Member

3. fantik

fantik Registered Member

UP again ))

4. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

Hello fantik,

Not sure I understand what you want to do since by default Acronis True Image uses the “.tib” extension for its image archives. What extension do you have on your image archive? It would be good if you provide the whole image archive file name.

_Kento_

5. fantik

fantik Registered Member

_Kento_
    Thanks for your answer.

You're right, default images have "tib" extension, but not images, created by Acronis TI Backup Server. For example, i have files "06B69655-2848-44E1-A1B0-B6B6ADBD44F4" and "75F60E1F-C3FC-4ECB-A6B2-AAE9DC6CAD9F" in my backup folder.

When I reinstall Windows with TI Backup Server, it ignores this files, began creating new files. So I want to know how to save existing images, when my Backup Server was broken ((

6. _Kento_

fantik,

The files you mentioned is not image archives, it is ATI script file (for scheduled tasks).They have *.tib.tis extension and located in X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts
    (X - is your system partition)

Could you tell the exact name of the Acronis program you use? Also, describe how did you create the image archives, where did you store them.

_Kento_

7. fantik

fantik Registered Member

http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATIESWin/backup-server.html

With complete size about 10,4 Gb? =)

I think you don't understand what I'm talking about... It's NOT tib files, but it's a True Image Backup Server (!!!) images.

8. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

2 posts removed.

fantik,

could you please continue posting in english so the folks here can assist you.

snowbound

9. fantik

fantik Registered Member

Окау, I thought that program developers can help me...

As I know they're russians :rolleyes:

Sorry...

10. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

No problem. ;)

snowbound

11. _Kento_

Okay, let me clarify. The Backup Server is a part of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server (or Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation in my case). It provides automatically manage backup archives option. Check chapter 3.5 Acronis Backup Server of User's Guide. If you wish to store/restore image to/from Backup Server you should select the needed Backup Server from the drives tree in the Restore Data Wizard. Then ATI will offer you to select the backups by its creation date.

If the computer where BS installed failed, you could try to do the following:

- Create new BS or the working computer;
    - Copy all the files and folders from X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupServer\ to the SAME folder X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupServer\ on that good computer (X=system partition);

Then try to restore/validate the image archive.

Or you could add the extension *.tib to the files stored in X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupServer\ and try to restore. However, be careful since if you rename incremental backups you will not be able to restore it. ONLY the full backups can be renamed.

Hope I make it clear not. If not just ask.

_Kento_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.