Convert Ghost images to virtual OS ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ericpode, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericpode

ericpode Registered Member

I have Hard Drive Manager 2011 (with an update to version 2012 pending). I have not installed it yet as I need to get an answer to the following question first.

I have an old PC which has Windows 2000 installed. It is a bit unreliable now, but I have an old image file of it that was created by Ghost 2003. I would like to be able to load it as a virtual operating system (in VirtualBox or VMWare) on my Vista laptop.

Can Hard Drive Manager convert a Ghost 2003 image file into a virtual operating system file?

If it can not, then I guess I will have to try to use Hard Drive Manager to make a virtual OS from my Windows 2000 in its current unreliable state. I have a single PC license for HDM which I do not want to waste on the old PC for just 1 operation. So can I do this WITHOUT having to install HDM on my old PC?

2. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

You can create recovery media (cd or usb flash) with HDM and use it to make a needed image.
    And perhaps you can use trial ver. Ghost to deploy a image on hdd, then just make an image using the HDM recovery media.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.