Continuously Scanning but Stuck at Zero Percent

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dmo, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmo

dmo Registered Member

Hello,

For about three days now Eset has been scanning my computer and won't stop. I'm running Eset version 4.2.71.2 and Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit.

If I hover my mouse over the Eset Icon on the taskbar it reads, "Computer scan in progress..." When I open Eset and navigate to the "Computer Scan" tab it shows an On-Demand Computer Scan. The weird thing is, this scan is at zero percent and has been since this started.

If I try to pause the scan it reads as, "Waiting to pause scan" but will NEVER actually pause the scan. When I push the "Stop" button nothing happens.

This so called "scan" is going all the time and I'm wondering what I can do to make it stop? I've noticed it slow my computer also so it's kind of annoying.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Did you start the scan by clicking Smart scan or you ran a custom scan? If the latter, does disabling archives and sfx archives make a difference to exclude the possibility that a large archive is being decompressed and scanned?

3. dmo

dmo Registered Member

I didn't start this particular scan at all. One day it just showed as scanning. I did run a full scan to see if that would stop this unknown scan but all that happened was I had two scans running at once.

4. SMitchell

SMitchell Registered Member

Sorry to bump an old post, but I have noticed this with two of our client computers today. This is something that we faced often when we had Webroot, so I hope there is something we can do about this.

Startup scanner stuck at 0%. I do not know when the scan first started, the complaint was that "The computer is running slow, and the green thing has been spinning forever". I could not Pause, could not Stop the scan.

I tried running an on-demand Smart-Scan and then Stopping it, this worked to cancel both scans.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does the problem return if you uninstall ESS using the Uninstall tool in safe mode and install the latest version of ESS from scratch without modifying default settings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.