Continual error when creating the Bootable Rescue Media CD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by grhughes, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simp

simp Guest

I just updated to build 826 and get the same errors (4 burn attempts all with the same error). I have been thru this before and the method of waiting for the CD to be requested worked. Not this time. I reloaded 796 and I can once again create a rescue disk. There seems to be a problem with this new build.
    simp

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello simp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download, unpack and install the following file:

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/TrueImage8.0_cdlog_s_en.zip

After this please run the program, reproduce the problem and send the cdrecord.log file created in the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDRecord folder to support@acronis.com along with the detailed description of your problem. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. hayesy

hayesy Guest

FYI, I have just realized that Symantec antivirus (Corporate edition) filesystem realtime protection prevents the creation of the bootable rescue media.

You must disable it to successfully create the boot cd

4. ddison

ddison Registered Member

I have gotten this error with Acronis 7 and 8, I found that the cause for my trouble was my Roxio software. Drag-to-Disc causes Acronis to error when trying to create Rescue Media. Once I exited out of Drag-to-Disc, I ran through the Rescue Media wizard again and it created my disc with no problems.

5. Want2KnowMORE

Want2KnowMORE Registered Member

No matter what, I just can't create a bootable rescue CD. I've tried waiting to put in a blank CD and waiting for it to prompt me to put in a CD but it errors off before it ever asks. It doesn't ever get to the point of writing anything. I've tried booting in Safe Mode and get the same result. There are no updates to my version 8.0 build 791 so what can I do to create a bootable rescue CD? I'm trying to use a new NEC CD-RW DVD-RW drive that has no problem creating other discs with either Roxio or Nero, so I don't think it's my drive at fault. I've tried 4 different brands of media, too. No go. Also, I use WindowsXP-home and in My Computer - Properties - Device Manager - CDROM there is no "recording tab" and there is no place I can see to turn off recording. Help!

6. Acronis Support

Hello Want2KnowMORE,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

Please send a letter describing your issue to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. dld

dld Registered Member

You won't have any recording tab on a CD-ROM drive. I presume you have a CD-RW burner. Go to Start\My Computer. Right-click on the CD-RW drive. Then go to Properties, there you should see the Recording tab. If you don't see the Recording tab, you might want to try what Menorcaman did here. Although why would you want to "Allow built-in burning support" only to subsequently disable it?

So as not to be making coaster after coaster, you could also try using CD-RW disks to create a bootable rescue disk. Also read this post and give the method described by Alexey Popov a try. It worked for me.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2005
  8. you

you Guest

The Roxio solution worked perfectly.

Cheers

9. Acronis Support

Hello you,

I am very glad that you have resolved your problem.

If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to ask us.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.