Context Menu Tweak...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ragzarok, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragzarok

Ragzarok Registered Member

Hello,
    I'd like to be able to add a context menu item that allows me to right click on a file and move the file to the parent folder. For instance, If I have file A in folder B which is in turn in folder C, I'd like to be able to right click A and move it to the most immediate folder above B, which is C. I'd like the function to simply do that, no matter what the most immediate folder might be.
    I know there is a registry tweak that adds ..Move to folder.. to the context menu, but that tweak only allows you to choose the folder, it does not immediately move the file to the parent folder. Can any one help with this?
    Thanks.

2. SlimJim

SlimJim Registered Member

Not sure about registry tweaks but there is one method which is to use a DOS batch file and add it to the Send To submenu.

Thus create a file move.bat with the single line
    move %1 ..

and place a shortcut to it in your SendTo (Documents and settings\YourName\SendTo) folder. Rename the shortcut to something like Parent and then on right clicking you will find Parent sitting in the Send To submenu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.