Context Menu problem.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by RedTape, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedTape

RedTape Registered Member

Hello,

in my previous versions of ESET i have always had the ability to right click on an item regardless of what it was and run a quick scan with ESET directly from that menu. I had tried to do that today and the option was completely gone (was using v4 at the time) i figured it would a error , so i completely uninstalled the program and reinstalled it (currently running v5) and i still do not have the option to right click and scan with ESET.

im currently using windows 7 home edition 64 bit, and yes i have entered into the advanced options and clicked integrate context menu , many times in fact all with multiple reboots and system restarts with no luck.

the integrate option is clicked right now after a fresh restart and its not showing as an option when i right click a file.

2. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

User Interface menu advanced setup > ensure the • integrate into context menu box • is checked. Please always tells us what version you are running.

3. RedTape

im using ESET nod32 64bit version 5

i am made sure the checkbox is checked multiple times , i have rebooted multiple times and have tried completely reinstalling multiple times. still does not work

and i have tried running EKRN , and the gui as admin still doesnt work. i even uninstalled completely and tried installing a smart security trial version before going back to my nod32 and even smart security didnt let me right click and scan

4. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

Was your previous anti-virus software completely uninstalled ? Try a manual uninstall. since multiple attempts otherwise have clearly not worked. When you perform the new installation, ensure you choose the advanced set-up menu to allow for the options to be selected.

Good luck.

5. RedTape

i have manually uninstalled the program and have both done the advanced set up over the recommended one. i was not using a anti virus program before ESET (fresh hard-drive)

i still dont have the option im afraid.

6. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

Please submit an online Support Ticket Request to ESET. A dedicated ESET Support Professional will be in contact with you for additional information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.