Consumer 4-in-1 printer suggestions.

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Kirk Reynolds, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Same here, all of my printer have worked flawlessly for years until i tried a refillable cartridge . . .
    No longer trust them LOL

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i was not sure about posting those kinds of links here. i did not want to start posting stuff for sale on ebay (there is a legit seller there who i use all the time for these). if a mod approves ill be happy to post links to ebay.

and the one i am speaking of are NOT refilled garbage. these are ones with the auto reset chips that you refill yourself. as long as you use the correct matching ink and not a generic universal ink they work perfect. i have printers that have had these types running for over 4 years now refilled close to probably more than 100 times. never an issue. the old style ones where you refilled them by drilling a hole or buying them from a place that refills a stock one are junk.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  3. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

I don't think you can pick a brand. They all make several models in several price and feature categories - from dirt cheap, almost disposable, to very expensive professional quality. Brand ABC making the best-in-class "el-cheapo supreme" does not suggest Brand ABC's top-of-the-line printer will be best-in-class too.

You need to,
    • Define your needs. Are you printing resumes or professional quality photos? Or primarily "hard copies" of school and work projects? Mostly color or mostly plain text with black ink? Does it need integrated network support? Large paper, envelope, etc. support? Duplex printing?
    • If color is a priority, and your printing is dominated by a particular color, you may want a printer that uses separate ink cartridges for magenta, cyan, and yellow rather than one that combines them in one cartridges. Or you may want a printer that uses separate cartridges also photo cyan, photo magenta, red, and green in addition to the standard magenta, cyan, and yellow (and black).
    • If "crisp" and "pitch black" text with an inkjet is a requirement, ensure the printer uses a separate black cartridge. Some budget models "simulate" black by printing the darkest brown it can. But a very dark brown with a reddish tint is typically all those devices achieve (which may be just fine for some users who rarely print plain, black-text documents).
    • Set a budget. Research what is out there in that price range, then research the specific models that interests you. Read professional reviews. Take user reviews with a grain of salt, but note if many reviews report the exact same problem.
    • Research and calculate the cost of consumables (ink). The savings buying a cheap printer can quickly be off-set by expensive ink.

http://www.pcmag.com/reviews/inkjet-printers
    http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...l-in-one-printer-ratings/ratings-overview.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.