Constant errors creating snapshots

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by witness, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. witness

witness Registered Member

hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Excited to try out this great program but unfortunately i'm having problems. I installed the trial version yesterday and after one successful snapshot and archive creation, every subsequent attempt to copy/update snapshots is riddled with errors (20k +). I checked the activity log and it appears that the problem occurs when attempting to copy each file to the snapshot, FD-ISR is unable to do it. The error I get is "Error - GRH::CreateFile. The system cannot find the path specified."

My initial successful snapshot was created after reformat and install of fresh copy of WinXP Pro with only newest Firefox and Sandboxie installed. I performed a successful archive to my external drive after creating the original snapshot. I installed some Windows updates, IE7, Comodo 2.4, Returnil, Threatfire and tried another snapshot and that's when the errors started. This snapshot was unbootable of course. I've been poking around Wilder's and horizon's website looking for anyone with this particular problem to no avail.

I've even tried booting back into the original clean snapshot (with just Firefox and Sandboie) and tried to make a copy of that snapshot and i still get the error. Not sure what I managed to do here:( I submitted a ticket already..waiting for response. Anyone have any ideas about my problem? Or can direct me to where I can find out. Thanks.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Hi Witness, welcome to the club.

Disable first Comodo and Threatfire and if your troubles are over post back and then we can take the next step. If disabling doesn't help you better uninstall both.

3. witness

Thx Erik, I'll give it a try this evening. I'll report back later, after success i hope.

4. ErikAlbert

OK. Witness. Just keep coming to Wilders to solve this kind of problems.
    Alot of experienced FDISR-users are able to help you.
    Malfunctions of FDISR are OFTEN caused by security softwares.
    Comodo-users in this forum will help you to configure Comodo, but let us first find out which softwares are the cause.
    Meanwhile you can use Windows Firewall.

Witness,
    Read this link, this might solve your Comodo problem, if not, it's something else.
    http://www.raxco.com/support/windows/kb_details.cfm?kbid=600

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  5. witness

Thanks for the help Erik. I decided to reformat/reinstall WinXP along with FD-ISR and everything's been workin fine. FD-ISR has created error free snapshots and archives after the reinstall. To fix my Comodo problem I made sure that I prevented it from protecting it's registry and files and that seemed to fix my problem. On my machine at least, I had to do that BEFORE I created a single snapshot or else the program just stopped working properly. I'm just happy that this fantastic program will work error free on my comp.

W

6. ErikAlbert

That's the way I installed WinXP and FDISR also. A fresh installation isn't contaminated with leftovers of the past.
    Good luck with it, it's a good investment and it will save you alot of time, if you use it right. My computer is a paradise since I use FDISR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.