constanly getting spam email

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by wutsup, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

whats up wilders, ever since ive owned my ISP's provided email address ive been using, ive always gotten emails from random people/or spammers with emails like gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc etc saying like "FREE MEDS", "CHEAP MEDS" and so on.

is there anyway to stop this?

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

wutsup, most ISPs provide SPAM Blocker features in their Web based emails, however, some don't turn them on by default.

Perhaps looking at the Options panel might yield a way to enable the SPAM blocker, if one is provided by your ISP.

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I found that using the ISPs Mail box attracts spamers and certain type of spam ie Nigerian bank con. I have gotten away from using the ISPs address as my main email address that I use, I use my ISPs email address for more official type uses for example: union business. Less traffic makes my ISPs email less attractive for spamers. I think a online email service is the way to go.

4. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

My ISP uses Yahoo for there email and I use Outlook 2007 so I get 10 to 20 spam emails a day because they spam all yahoo addresses and most of them don't have my email addy in them but something close but I did go to my ISP webmail and checked all the filters but they Told me that it does not work because I have 10Mbps download connection which automatically turns off the filters which I think it's stupid but nothing I can do but if I went down to there 7Mbps the filters would work go figure? But The Junk Email Folder in Outlook 2007 works 99% of of the time and the ones that get by I just add to Outlooks Junk filter!

TH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.