Consolidate Incrementals in TI 9.1?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ISDPCMAN, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ISDPCMAN

ISDPCMAN Registered Member

We have a client with Acronis TI 9.1 (Server) and we're wondering if there is a way to consolidate (perhaps weekly) the incremental backups into one image (or into 4.5 GB files that can be burned to DVD for archiving?)

Imaging is great but at the end of a week we have a dozen or so files between the full image and the incrementals. it would be great if we can roll them into one full backup on a regular basis.

The ability to consolidate would also make it feasible to do hourly incrementals that we could roll into one incremental at the end of the day!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. ISDPCMAN

So how is it activated? I'm not sure if they're running Standard Server or Enterprise Server but how would I do this consolidation if it is supported on the version they have?

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

At the end of the week why not just make another Full backup? In essence that would be identical to rolling all the incrementals into the beginning full backup.

5. ISDPCMAN

It would be nice to script a consolidation of sorts instead of deleting the files from the incremental and doing a full backup. Ideally, I can see a full backup, then incrementals I can send offsite (like delta backups) then at the off-site location roll them into one file. If that's not possible, doing the same ONSITE is also an option. If I have the data, there's no reason to do a full backup again. Consolidating (rollup) of incrementals into a full backup saves time and work and should have zero impact on the server(s).

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

ISDPCMAN, consolidation can be enabled in Acronis Backup Server settings. You can get additional detail in Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server User Guide (chapters 3.5 and 4.5)

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.