Connectivity Difficulties

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by jpcummins, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I have had, for several years, Sygate Personal Firewall Pro as my firewall. A month or so ago I started having connectivity problems. An icon in the system tray revealed the following:

Local Area Connection 3
    Speed: 100.0 Mbps
    "Network did not assign a network address to the computer"

I spoke with Verizon to no avail. I was told there was a problem with the firewall. I disagreed with the Verizon representative but uninstalled the Sygate program and implemented the Windows firewall. After doing so I no longer had connectivity problems. After a few days I reinstalled the Sygate program and the connectivity problems came back. I again uninstalled the Sygate program and went back to the Windows Firewall.

I have downloaded the Comodo Firewall, free version, and intend on installing it within the next few days. However, if the Sygate connectivity problem could be resolved I would really prefer to keep Sygate.

Hopefully, someone out there will have an answer. I want to express my appreciation to those who might reply. Thank you very much in advance.

2. twodogs44

twodogs44 Registered Member

Pay your phone bill!

3. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

It has been over 2 years since I used Sygate, but you might try checking the logs for clues. Look especially for blocked entries.

4. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

It is sad that the knowledgebase of the Sygate firewall forums is now not anymore available. I have never experienced such things, but there was a few threads in FAQ about needing to make an advanced rule for to allow some pings with some ISP internet connections.
    Someone like red_jack could propably help you, sorry I cannot.
    Jarmo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.