Connecting to Internet...Ubuntu Live CD

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mikel108, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Hi All,

I recieved my Ubuntu Live CD's today. It ran great, video and sound work...no conflicts. I am however having a problem connecting to the internet. How do I properly go about this. Ubuntu forum has not offered much so far. My ISP is Bell/Sympatico, and I have a slipstream DSL modem. Any thoughts??

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

are u running ubuntu as a live cd? do u know if ur ethernet adapter is detected?

3. mikel108

I do not know. I was given the command "ifconfig eth0" to check, but I am new to Linux and I cannot understand where to type it in.

Yes I am running Live CD

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

iirc ubuntu uses teh gnome GUI. is there some sort of "start menu"? try looking for an option to start a console window. from there u can type in commands. im also new to linux but i havent tried ubuntu. another thing to try is to look for a control panel but i dont know what settings u can make while running it as a live cd.

5. mikel108

Thanks, I will try to do it tomorrow. I give up for tonight. I really like the system so far. BTW if you go to Ubuntu they will mail you 5 copies of liveCD and Install CDs for free by mail. It came from France.

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, you can type the command in terminal
    Applications>Accessories>Terminal

if you find out the model of your modem you could look that up on Ubuntu forums or google.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.