Connecting to Internet...Ubuntu Live CD

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mikel108, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Hi All,

I recieved my Ubuntu Live CD's today. It ran great, video and sound work...no conflicts. I am however having a problem connecting to the internet. How do I properly go about this. Ubuntu forum has not offered much so far. My ISP is Bell/Sympatico, and I have a slipstream DSL modem. Any thoughts??

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

are u running ubuntu as a live cd? do u know if ur ethernet adapter is detected?

3. mikel108

I do not know. I was given the command "ifconfig eth0" to check, but I am new to Linux and I cannot understand where to type it in.

Yes I am running Live CD

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

iirc ubuntu uses teh gnome GUI. is there some sort of "start menu"? try looking for an option to start a console window. from there u can type in commands. im also new to linux but i havent tried ubuntu. another thing to try is to look for a control panel but i dont know what settings u can make while running it as a live cd.

5. mikel108

Thanks, I will try to do it tomorrow. I give up for tonight. I really like the system so far. BTW if you go to Ubuntu they will mail you 5 copies of liveCD and Install CDs for free by mail. It came from France.

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, you can type the command in terminal
    Applications>Accessories>Terminal

if you find out the model of your modem you could look that up on Ubuntu forums or google.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.