Connecting to a Remote PC

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gapowell, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gapowell

gapowell Registered Member

I have just installed the latest True Image Corporate Workstation software on a computer at my office.

I tried connecting to a Remote PC, but I can only see the computer that I am on.

The Browse button only only shows my computer as Computers Near Me.

Do I have to do something else to the see the other computers on my company's network.

If I go to Network places in Windows Explorer I can see all of the computer on our network.

Help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gapowell,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATICW/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

You need to install Acronis True Image Agent on to the remote computer. You may do it with Acronis True Image Management Console from your local machine. After that please connect to the remote computer with Acronis True Image Management onsole and choose the wizard for the desired operations. I can recommend that you look into the User's Guide (Chapter 2) for further instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. gapowell

gapowell Registered Member

Hi Ilya,

I can only see my computer from the Console which is the only computer that has the Agent.

My problem is I can not see any other computers on my network.

Are you tell me I wll have to get the Agent over to the other computers some other way?

Thanks.

Greg

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Greg,

Yes, in order to connect to remote computer you need to have Acronis True Image Agent installed on it. This will allow you to create images of these remote computers.

Please note that if you want to create the image of the local computer and store it to the remote one you don't need to have Acronis True Image Agent installed on the remote computer.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. KonaFrank

KonaFrank Registered Member

Similar situation here; However, I was able to remotely install the workstation on another machine and in this situation I was able to browse the neighborhood. I even turned off all security on both machines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.