Congratulations to ESET TEcH SUPPORT!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Great Tech support, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I have to agree with Mele20, I am in the good ole US of A also and had to use support on 3 occasions now. Support here in the US doesn't seem to be the same as some of you receive in other countries. I purchased NOD through www.nod32.com and all of my support questions/problems were sent to support@nod32.com. However, all of the responses from support have come from (someone)@eset.sk which I presume to be the Slovakia location. So it seems the US office merely forwards to the Slovakia office. Unless the Slovakia office handles the definitions as all my problems were with false positives. Of course the support satisfaction questionaire always comes from the US office.

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

And why is that when the USA office doesn't provide any support? I have had no idea how to answer the questionaire because the correct answer would be that I got no support from the office sending the questionaire! Why doesn't the questionaire come from the office where the support is provided which is Eset Slovakia? Why does the USA office appear to be trying to get credit for support that is provided elsewhere? [size=-2] (You can see I am not particularly impressed with the USA office). [/size]

3. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi,

in many coutries there are distributors with thier resellers. The default scenario is that everybody is carrying about his customers.

1st level: the resellers are providing support to their customers.

2nd level: distributors are providing support to their direct cutomers and to their resellers in their local countries.

3rd level: Eset headquarter is provinding support to its direct customers - to it's ditributors and to the resellers in the countries when there is no distributor yet.

All the best, :)

jan

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

*Scratches head* and wants to know how this relates to support in USA. o_O

I take this to mean USA customers fall in the third level?

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

USA customers fall into all levels...

1st level: where they purchase directly from a reseller, support can be provided at the local level through the reseller as well as level 2 and 3.

2nd level: where they purchase directly from a distributor and support is provided by that distributor as well as level 3.

3rd level: where Eset headquarters provides support directly and indirectly, as in through this forum.

Cheers :D

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

But there aren't any resellers! And there is no distributer. Just an office which claims this forum is not even official. There is basically very little presence in the US for NOD32. You can't go into a store and buy NOD32 and if there is any phone support it is long distance chargeable not toll free like Trend Micro for instance. All email support that is technical is done by Eset in Slovakia. Only customer relation type stuff comes out of the US office.

NOD32 in the USA is only slightly better off than KAV. KAV, I suppose, will be changing their situation now that they have version 5.0 which was developed for the OEMs so if Dell starts putting KAV on their boxes then KAV will have to have an office and tech support in this country. Eset keeps saying there is tech support in the US but I frankly do not think there is. I've never seen it. Plus, the US NOD32 web site s**ks. I don't know any US users who use the US site. We all go to the Australian site. That is the good website.

There was a US businessman who tried to be a reseller a couple of years ago and he got shut down by Eset. He had really good deals too. Plus, he knew exactly how to market the product in the US. He was legit. He was offering tech support by toll free phone. That would have been great. He was exactly what Eset needs in the US because what they have now is quite lacking. However, I was told at the time that Eset doesn't want resellers in the US. That doesn't make much sense to me and I was hoping to find out if Eset has changed its position on this matter, etc.

I'm just trying to get clear answers from Eset about this and Jan's answer is too obscure. I hope that is not going to be the only answer from Eset as it is quite insufficient.

7. Blackspear

Understood Mele, by the sounds of it, they (USA) operate very differently to how Australia is run...

8. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

If we could clone Rod and put him in charge of the USA office, I would be one happy camper! :D

9. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Because I purchased my Nod32 from USA it seems I am unable to use UK branch of Nod32 even though it is a short distance across the Irish Sea;
    I would have thought Nod would be the same around the world except of course for the language barrier. :rolleyes:

10. Blackspear

No, each Distributor is a seperate business that provides support within their area. This is a prime example of where purchasing outside of the country you reside in, also takes the support to the distributor or country that you purchased in.

Local purchase for local support.

11. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

12. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I don't know who that was meant for, but what was your point? The tech support is still at Eset in Slovakia for the USA customers. Why do I need to know what the fax number is to the USA office? All us USA customers know not to fill out that web form for support. That is never answered. We come here or email a tech support request. So why is that form even there? It has frustrated a few recent potential buyers because they didn't know not to fill that out.

I see that other countries besides Australia have free phone support. I don't think it is fair that we USA customers don't have that also. Is that something we can look to forward to in the not too distant future? Are we going to get some ACTIVE resellers in the USA?

13. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Thanks to Blackspear and jan. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.