congratulations Jason

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Infinity, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

on your first Jewel again :D

this is a fine program and should provide plenty of protection, default and customised.

sincerely

Inf.

2. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Jason,
    Congratulations as well, and you've picked a good place to provide support for your software too

RegDefend certainly sounds like exactly what I was after, I'm looking forward to trying it out
    What do you do during installation to deal with any rootkits that might be lurking ?

If its not there already it would be nice to have something like unhackme to check that nothing is masking what can be seen in memory compared to what is actually on disk

I'm sure you already handle NULL's in key names it but its worth checking to make sure, its a minor thing (atm)

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Well done Jason, I'm giving it a go now :cool: Installed fine, just have to feel my way around :p

All the best. Pilli :)

4. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hi Jason . Looks like a possible winner . I will give it a go . Wondering ...... Is this a Prevx Pro type program and will it play well with PG# ? Just curious . Congrats . Not a full congrats YET . Want to play with it first but , WOW , it looks like a winner

5. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Playing well so far with PG 3.15, BOClean, and RegRun. Noted a small GUI glitch, but otherwise all is well after several reboots.

Nick

Attached Files:

• rd_1.gif
      rd_1.gif
      File size:
      10.5 KB
      Views:
  6. hollywoodpc

Thanks Nick

Nick . what is your opinion of this as opposed to Prevx ?

7. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Re: Thanks Nick

Hi hollywoodpc,

Have never used Prevx. I would think Prevx is a more comprehensive security solution while RegDefend has a single purpose.

Nick

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Jason, congratulations with your new company and with again a wonderful new program from yours! Thanks a lot for everything, support and education all those years!
    Glad you stay around in this same forum!

9. hollywoodpc

I appreciate your comment Nick . Prevx does a good job at what it does . But , it seems to be very much like this new program . And , by the way , Is this the Jason from DiamondCS ?

10. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

11. hollywoodpc

Hi LowWaterMark .
    Many thanks for the info . Now . Do not know where to post this but , since he designed PG , how does RegDefend differ ? I mean . He just left and already has this program which , has already been described by some as a PG type program . Trying to figure if it is needed to buy RegDefend when i already own PG . Thanks again . And GOOD LUCK to you Jason !!!!!

12. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Yes, it definitely is a very nice addition and cooperates very well with PG, it does different things.

13. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Congrats again Jason! Going to download this now and test tonight :).

Best regards,
    Jade.

14. hollywoodpc

Thank you Jooske .

I have been talking with Jason a bit . I am really just trying to figure out if I can replace Prevx Pro with this as Prevx Pro takes FOREVER to start up . God Bless and thank you for the comments .

15. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I'm thinking along the same lines, as in no longer required, Prevx, Spybot S&D Resident and MJ's registry watcher, 3 down to 1 would be nice ;) :D

Cheers :D

16. hollywoodpc

Hi BlackSpear .

After speaking with Jason , the understanding is this : Prevx does more than RegDefend . But , RegDefend is better at protecting the registry . I hate to say it because I use Prevx Pro and it takes awhile to bootup . They are working on that though . Anyway . RegDefend can CERTAINLY replace Tea Timer . RegDefend is better because , no polling takes place . I am still looking into the Prevx vs. RegDefend deal but , it appears that Prevx should be kept . Hope this helps . Seems a bit cloudy but , that is the best info I have at this point . As for me , I will continue to use Prevx Pro but , may add RegDefend .

17. hollywoodpc

Oops . BlackSpear ,
    Regdefend will replace MJRW as well . That is a decent program but , out of the box , RegDefend is better and more comprehensive . And no resources being used until something TRIES to make a change . Even then , the resource use is negligible . Good luck and please let me know any info you may come across . Thanks

18. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

The new version of PrevX home - version 2.1 (the free one) now allow us to configure it the way we like! So my question is, how can we configure it to have no overlaps with RegDefend and the best protection possible?

Thanks,
    Atomas31

19. hollywoodpc

Atomas .

As for overlapping . No need to worry . Prevx does alot more than protect the registry . really , there is no need to fiddle with Prevx . Just set security to maximum and you are good to go . And RegDefend will do it's own thing of stopping malware BEFORE it can get into the registry . Hope that helps

20. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

I'd like to add my best wishes in this thread also - Jason appears to have produced a solid utility here, well worth registering the RegDefend domain name for.

21. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Thank you Jason. I installed it yesterday. Runs smooth with every other programs. :)

22. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Jason,

I installed RegDefend yesterday. It installed very smoothly and works great alongside PG and KAV. It's exactly what I am looking for to plug some registry holes. I am excited about a proactive registry monitor (as opposed to a polling) that complements PG 3.

I personally prefer RegDefend to Prevx because I find it more stable and less like to conflict with other low-level tools such as PG and KAV. I had problems with Prevx from day one while RegDefend looks really solid - especially for a new product. If it holds up for the trial period I am definitely replacing the other registry watchers that I have. Congratulations and THANKS!

Rich

23. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Yes, that was bought before the release. It will be redirected very soon. :)

24. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

RegDefend has been tested with lots of different software (especially PG and KAV actually). It is also optimized a lot so it has almost a zero effect on your system resources, especially CPU. A few of PrevX's features would use a considerable amount of resources to do what it claims, and those features (like buffer overflow protection) are kind of pointless in my opinion. I'm not bashing PrevX, because the free version does offer a lot of protection, I'm just saying at what cost? :)

25. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

This is fixed, thanks to you and BlueZannetti. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.