Confusion restoring AcronisTI partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Steve T, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve T

Steve T Registered Member

Hi Guys,

You've recently been very helpful with curing a RAM problem I had in a thread a couple of days ago (for which many thanks!). However, I need your help again Anton and anyone else.

I have 2 TI bootable disks made on installing TI on 7.6.03 and 7 image disks, one labelled 'Main Volume', made on 10.4.04. I booted into the Acronis TI welcome screen from the first bootable disk and clicked 'next' which took me to the 'restore a partition or the whole hard disk drive' option.
    Selected this and clicked 'next' to the 'Image Archive Selection Screen'.
    I then inserted the disk labelled 'Main Volume' and clicked CD Drive(E:)in the tree pane to reveal file 100404.tib, selected this to reveal 'backup' with a graphical layout of MF22G-4(C:) in the right pane.
    Clicked 'next' to the 'Partition or Disk to Restore' screen which revealed a hard disk graphical layout with a yellow bar over the top, clicked on the symbol with 73.1GB, clicked 'next' and on to the 'Restored Hard Disk Drive Location' screen'.
    Clicked on the 73.1GB symbol again and clicked 'next' and on to the 'Non-empty Destination Hard Disk Drive' screen and selected 'delete all the partitions on the destination hard disk drive before restoring' option and clicked 'next'.

It was here I got an error message, 'Error Opening the File. A possible reason may be poor media quality. Please press Retry to continue with Volume 1 or press cancel'

So I then inserted disk labelled 'Volume 1' and pressed 'Retry' which took me to the 'Next Selection' screen. 'would you like to restore another partition or hard disk drive from the image archive?', selected 'No I do not' and clicked 'next' to the screen 'Acronis True Image is ready to proceed with restoring your data from the image archive. Here is a list of complete operations to be processed', then underneath 'This is a trial version of Acronis True Image. It is not possible to commit operations you have selected. To purchase the full version.......etc.

But I HAVE purchased the full version (I have made a note of the unlock code and order reference number).

I know I'm a complete plonker guys, but what am I doing wrong and what do I do next?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2004
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Steve --

Please create the bootable disk once again - you should have created it with the trial version.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. Steve T

Steve T Registered Member

Thanks Anton,

Do I download another trial version of TI (since I have lost my original) to create the bootable disk once again. And if so, does it have to be the latest build?
    Or will technical support allow me to re-register the program (since I have the order reference and original unlock key).

It seems I'm not allowed to proceed with a trial version.

Thanks Again

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Steve T

This is what Anton said.

Or you can unInstall the what you have:- #3

Then down load the full Version Install and enter your key and then make floppy or CD BootDisk.

The Full Version is here:- Latest build number

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.