Confused newby

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gthorley, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gthorley

gthorley Registered Member

Considering Acronis True Image 8.0 home and wondering how it would work if I save a mirror of my XP partition to DVD.

I get that if you have a failure and want to restore you boot up with a special restore CD. Does this CD enable drivers so that a DVD-Rom will work and provide the mirror file for the restore?

I had planned to save a mirror image to a seperate hard drive on my computer as well as to DVD's so I have 2 sources of recovery. Should a seperate partion be set up on the drive to hold the image file or will it be fine in a Folder. I have read several instances of persons having problems when using the secure zone and would prefer not to use it.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gthorley,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

When you boot with Acronis Bootable CD there should be no problems with reading from DVDs (note that you won't be able to write onto DVDs in Acronis stand-alone mode, however). You may store the image anywhere you wish. You don't need to create separate partition to store the image there and you may put the image to a regular folder on your drive without any problems. In fact, the image is just an ordinary file and you may treat it as any other file (like .doc, .exe, .txt, etc.).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.