Confused in Using Restore Function with Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 Program

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by scams, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scams

scams Registered Member

I have a Dell Studio XPS 9100 computer with Windows 7 Prof, and have Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 program installed. I have been able to make backup images of my primary physical hard drive (Dell Utility, Recovery, and OS (C:)). However, this morning I attempted to accomplish an image restore and was rather confused and did not complete the restore function. I used the Paragon WinPe Recovery DVD and was able to start the Paragon program without any difficulty. (I tried to use the Paragon DVD purchased from Paragon when I purchased the backup program, but it would not work - no response)

My computer is setup as follows: 1st physical HD (Drive O) is setup as the boot drive with the following partitions, Dell Utility, Recovery, and OS (C:). The second physical internal HD (Drive 1)is setup with two partitions and is as follows: D: drive (named Image Partition file folders) and E: drive (named Data Backup).

The following areas are where I am confused.
    a. What to Restore - there are four listings; the first being Basic Hard Disk O (unknown model), and below that listing, are three sub listings, Dell Utility, Recovery, and OS (C:). If I select only the line Basic Hard Drive O (unknown model, would that include all three listed partitions, even though I have not separately checked each of the three mentioned partitions with their check boxes? I would like to restore all three sub listings partitions

b. Where to Restore - Reference above, I highlighted the Basic Hard Disk O (unknown model) and did not check the individual check boxes. At this function, there appeared two major retangular boxes with the following information: The first box has three boxes within it and I assume they represent the three partitions mentioned in (a) above. information included is this first box, was: Basic Hard Disk O (ST31000528AS) and OS(E:). I am definitely confused as to why the entry OS(E:) appears instead of OS(C:) The second retangular box has two boxes within it and I assume that they represent the two partitions on the second physical internal hard drive. The first box is correct as to the drive letter (named Image Backup (D:), but the second box is incorrect, in that it has Data Backup (F:), it should be E: drive since there is no F: drive or partition.

Any help would be very much appreciated, Sam.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

a. Yes

b. Don't worry about it - winpe will report drive letters a seen from winpe - not as you used to see them from within windows.

Use the drive labels (names) or sizes to confirm you are restoring to the correct partitions.

3. scams

scams Registered Member

SIW2, thanks very much for your reply. Sam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.