Conflicts between v.3 and PGP?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by spy1, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Or is there something I've forgotten to add/give allowances to?

PGP hasn't worked at all since installing PG v.3 PB. See screenshot. This is keeping me from sending email if I have PGP set to automatically sign emails. Pete

Attached Files:

2. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Could it be that PGP needs to be allowed to install a Global Hook in order to copy the text Pete? Just a thought as I don't use it myself ;).

Regards,
    Jade.

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Hi, Bowserman! I just went through the PGP folder and gave those permissions to all the exe's., fired up PGPkeys/disk/mail and gave them permission to run, etc. . I already sent the email I was trying to send by turning off the "automatically sign" option in PGP's settings, so I won't know if any of that worked until I try it again.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced the same problem (and what, if anything, they had to do to resolve it). Thanks! Pete

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Pete almost certainly what Bowserman has stated, global hooks are probably what PGP needs and probably only on a specific .exe

Can I uggest that you remove PG files from the protection list, switch on learning mode restart PGP then reboot whislt still in learning mode, this should allow ProcessGuard to enable the correct settings - Then disable learning mode.
    On Monday with the release of the final I recommend after uninstalling the beta remove the .dat files before re-installing the final.
    Once installed reboot
    Start all your trusted apps then reboot again, then add any General tabs, reboot and PG will have switched off learning mode and hopefully all will be OK.

Cheers. Pilli :)

5. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Sure thing, Pilli. Thank you. Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.