Conflicting apps : put 'em here

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by no13, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Thanks for the link!

lol, must be the avatar :)

Have you thought about going A+ as well? Not nearly as intensive or expensive, but it can make all the difference..

2. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Snowy,

I assume it was a complete un-install, Avast still says I have a virus, HLLW-Apocalipse-10626-12256 in a FINDnFIX.executable prog. Never used the prog, scanned it with two other anti-virus scans, they didn't catch it, sooo-Found very little about the Apocalipse (That is how it's spelled), one was exact, except the numbers, she found it with the same av and in the same folder, nobody seems worried about it - puter working OK, guess won't worry! :D

Take Care, Snowy, and have fun spreading snowman cheer around!1 (It's already snowed enough in the CA mountains to open the lifts for Halloween, everyone is very excited about skiing in Oct! Your work?!? :D )

Marja:cool:

3. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

*sniff* *sniff*
    Aww ... u guys r 2 nice...
    thankya snowman
    Notok... it's compulsory for us to choose between .NET training and CCNA... so u know, I'll take ccna over .NET (I've never tried my hand at MS visual studio, except some little VB, and I'd rather not take up a course that I don't have background info on.

4. Marja

Good Luck with it all, no13!! Now get back to those books!! :D

5. MARJA

WHOA THERE GIRL>>>>>>YOU HAVE A VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEE: http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/apocalip.shtml

Virus marks infected files by adding 100 years to the date-stamp and setting the seconds field in time-stamp to 62. These changes are not visible in a normal dir-listing

This may be a DOS type virus.....whatever the case IT NEEDS TO BE CLEANED>>>>YESTERDAY!!

Would suggest you seek advice on how-to

NOTE: Maybe a nice gesture if a member refers MARJA to this post....I am not able to login right now to send her a pm......moderators perhaps...even if this is nothing.......it should be taken seriously until the true facts are known

6. MARJA

SEE ALSO:

http://www.viruslibrary.com/virusinfo/Apocalipse.1685.htm

TOWIT: ***It is a dangerous memory resident encrypted parasitic virus. It traces INT 13h, 21h, hooks INT 21h and writes itself to the end of COM and EXE files that are executed. While installing into the system memory it also infects the C:\DOS\MODE.COM file.

The virus writes the counter into hard drive sector and increases that counter each time the virus installs itself into the memory. After 100 installation the virus corrupts CMOS and MBR of the hard drive, and displays:

Apocalipse 2.0 por M.A.C. Isto é um vírus - afaste-se do computador, sen¦o constipa-se ! Boa sorte nas reparaç_es - nada está perdido... Também, andavas a trabalhar demais - aproveita para descansar ! Lembra-te: coisas destas só ajudam a formar caracter - n¦o, n¦o precisas de agradecer, é um prazer ajudar... Voltarei... Preme uma tecla

MARJA....I sure hope all this is just a false alarm

7. no13

Marja has been Alerted
    Thanks Snowman for timely intervention.

8. NO13

GREAT!! that was very nice of you to alert her.....looks like she is going to need help with this........you guys can handle that no doubt

seeya..............

9. Marja

Whoa is right!! I didn't even read all your posts, Snowy, yet!! Thank you!! no13, Thank you, too!

Gee, all the places and people I asked said "yes, there USED to be a virus like that, but, it's gone now." Even the VBT and except for Avast none of the scans I took picked it up. Of course, the numbers are different, so I suppose someone could have decided to revive ito_O

Will check your links, I always say I know when somethings wrong, I just can't always find the proof to be believed.

Wonder if that explains this, something I asked someone you know, Snow, but he was sick then, and haven't heard back, so, I assumed :oops: , wrongfully? that it was normal, but, creepy.

Thanks again for your care and now, ADVICE anyone??
    It's late (early), I will have to check back in, and read your links, Snowguy :D

10. Marja

Here is the Event that started the quest, is this normal?? I had never seen or heard of this, well, you can imagine what I thought! (In case, it is hard to read, it is the last sentence that gave me pause. Why impersonate ME?)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  11. Marja

OK, I read the links, but, .........it's supposed to be fixed and gone. The places I know where to look don't acknowledge it, so I have no idea how I would get rid of it, if it has been rewriting my whole *&%$* puter?!?

Will keep looking, try more scans, look at where it is supposed to write, and check back later, don't know what else to do right nowo_O

But, Thanks guys!! (Hope it is a false positive, Snow!!:))

12. no13

oh man oh man... this is over my head. maybe you'll need to start a new thread as well. This may be a new strain you know. DOS viruses don't KNOW abt. WINMGMT or WMI as i believe they're both NT/XP features... you're either on XP or win 2000. If you can put ANY more info (hardare u have. software installed around that time, suspect websites) it ould be helpful to anyone who can help you.
    PS: can u try to "save" a copy of thepor demented freaky virus? I'm collecting! That goes for everyone. I've found as idiot with a blank machine to install viruses/m,alware for testing purposes!!!

13. MARJA

Ever so sorry for not commenting sooner....honestly forgot.......now lets see...your "questions"

Marja...viruses and trojans never just disappear...they don't just go "puff".......anti virus vendors learn of a particular virus/trojan...update their products..........but somewhere out there is a computer without anti-virus scanners...its infected...passing its bug to others...by the web..by e mail...by file transfer....by sharing cd's or floppies...by instant messengers...the bug LIVES!!!!!

In your case the bug is "captured" by your anti-virus...and "caged"..its not doing any real harm...but its "THERE"......needing to be removed.....
    NO13 had a good suggestion in that you made a new thread on this subject.......this thread wont get you the help of experience people because its not on the topic of virus..........
    Ok, just keep cool.....this is a "known bug"..its removalable.......you could contact your anti-virus vendor for advice.......there are options Marja.....make that new post...see what results.......(frankly I can'y understand why the bug was caged but niot cleaned...you should have that "option"......an may not have set your anti-virus setting correctly.....

14. Marja

this is an "old" bug...most any anit-virus should remove it ....my guess is that you may have your "setting" wrong......check-into that..is there a forum for your anti
    viruso_O?

15. TheSnowMan

TheSnowMan Guest

No13

in your opinion...is there a "conflict" in regards to Marja's post.....think about it.........what could possibly be the conflick"....if Marja did not set her anti-virus correctly...would that constitute a conflick of sorts?

As to your new bug collecting hobby.........would suggest you speak to someone of authority in that area.....outline your goals to that person..perhaps they will advise you........

16. Marja

Snowy and no13,

Thanks, I will post in the virus, so not to take up your thread,no13.:D

You can catch me there, guess I should put that screenshot up too??

Thanks to both of you, Happy Halloween!!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.