conflict?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scaa, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaa

scaa Registered Member

o_O I would like to know if products like "Restore It" would create any conflict with acronis true image while bootingo_O?

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

They shouldn't unless you have them running in the background. Just have them like any other program - run them as needed.

3. scaa

scaa Registered Member

I was right. There is conflict. The attached image explains it all. I got it while trying to install the latest version restore it 7

Attached Files:

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I'm not surprised. There is a similar conflict with GoBack.

Well, take your pick: RestoreIt or TI. I'd pick TI for a full backup.

5. scaa

scaa Registered Member

Same here at the moment. Just trying out the software

6. jaygo

jaygo Registered Member

Am posting because my experience seems to be at odds with a post in this thread. I have TI8 (build 937) and GoBack 4.02.309 running under XP Home SP2 standalone desktop and haven't received any conflict or error messages.

Admittedly, I have never tried to clone a new hard drive from a TI8 image of a hard drive created while either: (1) GoBack was enabled or (2) GoBack was not enabled, to see if it can be successfully done; anybody know if it can be done with IT8, either way? Nella

Edit Note: The 2nd sendtence of the above post was edited a few minutes after my original post. Nella

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jaygo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please take a look at this FAQ article describing how Acronis True Image 9.0 works with Norton Go Back.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. jaygo

jaygo Registered Member

Alexey,

May I assume everything said in this Q&A (in the FAQ cite you gave me) about TI 9 applies equally to TI 8 (I have TI eight)? I'm red-faced for missing it all this time. So that's the "conflict" the poster was referring to! Thanks for referring me to it.

Based on this particular FAQ, all my TI8 images made in the past have been defective because in lieu of "disabling" GoBack before creating each True Image 8.0 image, my practice was simply to elect not to include the partition where the gobackio.bin file was located, when configuring the scope of the image from within TI 8. Whew! Glad I learned of this flaw in my methodology.

I think I'll research for programs similar to GoBack that don't require manually disabling and rebooting prior to creating a TI 8 image, so I can return to having my TI image creation backups automated via the Task Scheduler. But until I find a GoBack replacement, I'll gladly suffer the inconvenience of disabling GB and rebooting my computer, to ensure I have good TI8 images.

My incentive to find a GoBack substitute is now compelling since there's always a chance I'll have a crash between the time I disable GoBack and the time I re-enable it (after the TI Image is created); I don't like the idea of being in "no man's land" even for a short time.

I really do appreciate your saving me from a potential disaster. Nella

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.