conflict considerations before installation

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Pink Lodestar, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pink Lodestar

Pink Lodestar Registered Member

I have just had a new hard drive and clean Windows XP Pro SP2 installation. While I still am not sure what caused the system failure in the first place it is my suspicion there was a software conflict which began with Trend PC-cillin AV failing to completely uninstall before NOD32 was installed.

Therefore, before re-installing the following app. it would be appreciated if someone could forewarn me if there might be a conflict with any of the following: Lavasoft's Adaware; Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool and Tune-Up Utilities 2008. o_O

2. Pink Lodestar

Pink Lodestar Registered Member

I have already emailed this question to eset support last week and am still waiting for a reply before installing these programs. IE 7 has already closed unexpectedly this morning with an Application Error Event ID: 1001. The application log closed abruptly while checking out the Event Viewer to trace the problem. Something about a corrupt file warning. All in-depth on-demand scans by NOD32 have shown no infection.
    At this point, all I need is a nod whether or not NOD32 is compatible with Ad-Aware by Lavasoft or not. Last summer, Webroot antispyware caused a major conflict with Trend anti-virus application so there is not much stomach here for getting back on that merry-go-round. Is it safe to use other anti-spyware app. with NOD32 AV or not? Merci d'avance for the courtesy of a reply either on this forum or to the original email to ESET support.

3. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, I suspect you've already proceeded, but for what it's worth, some additional info:

The programs you've listed are compatible with ESET NOD32. You can use most all other antispyware programs and on-demand scanners in conjunction with ESET NOD32, except for Spybot search and destroy. SBSAD uses Tea Timer, a resident AV scanner.

Resident or real-time AV scanners should never be used with EAV or ESS.

4. acc001

acc001 Registered Member

Without a total clean removal tool i will not bother, to even take a look at NOD32.

Eset NOD32 you have just lost another potential customer, and maybe more on reading this.

Make a clean tool to remove completely all traces of a NOD32 install (whatever version/revision).

No microsoft msi remover or windows uninstaller are not the answer. Neither will remove all traces of softwares.

5. Kayracc

Kayracc Registered Member

revouninstaller FTW, it gets everything and is 100% free

6. Statler

Statler Registered Member

The OP says that the problem was Trend PC-cillin not uninstalling completely and not NOD32. I've installed/uninstalled NOD32 V3 several times before I bought it and never had a problem with it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.