conflict considerations before installation

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Pink Lodestar, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pink Lodestar

Pink Lodestar Registered Member

I have just had a new hard drive and clean Windows XP Pro SP2 installation. While I still am not sure what caused the system failure in the first place it is my suspicion there was a software conflict which began with Trend PC-cillin AV failing to completely uninstall before NOD32 was installed.

Therefore, before re-installing the following app. it would be appreciated if someone could forewarn me if there might be a conflict with any of the following: Lavasoft's Adaware; Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool and Tune-Up Utilities 2008. o_O

2. Pink Lodestar

Pink Lodestar Registered Member

I have already emailed this question to eset support last week and am still waiting for a reply before installing these programs. IE 7 has already closed unexpectedly this morning with an Application Error Event ID: 1001. The application log closed abruptly while checking out the Event Viewer to trace the problem. Something about a corrupt file warning. All in-depth on-demand scans by NOD32 have shown no infection.
    At this point, all I need is a nod whether or not NOD32 is compatible with Ad-Aware by Lavasoft or not. Last summer, Webroot antispyware caused a major conflict with Trend anti-virus application so there is not much stomach here for getting back on that merry-go-round. Is it safe to use other anti-spyware app. with NOD32 AV or not? Merci d'avance for the courtesy of a reply either on this forum or to the original email to ESET support.

3. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, I suspect you've already proceeded, but for what it's worth, some additional info:

The programs you've listed are compatible with ESET NOD32. You can use most all other antispyware programs and on-demand scanners in conjunction with ESET NOD32, except for Spybot search and destroy. SBSAD uses Tea Timer, a resident AV scanner.

Resident or real-time AV scanners should never be used with EAV or ESS.

4. acc001

acc001 Registered Member

Without a total clean removal tool i will not bother, to even take a look at NOD32.

Eset NOD32 you have just lost another potential customer, and maybe more on reading this.

Make a clean tool to remove completely all traces of a NOD32 install (whatever version/revision).

No microsoft msi remover or windows uninstaller are not the answer. Neither will remove all traces of softwares.

5. Kayracc

Kayracc Registered Member

revouninstaller FTW, it gets everything and is 100% free

6. Statler

Statler Registered Member

The OP says that the problem was Trend PC-cillin not uninstalling completely and not NOD32. I've installed/uninstalled NOD32 V3 several times before I bought it and never had a problem with it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.