Configuring Avira and Threatfire to stop pinging each other

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Iangh, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

How do you configure Avira and Threatfire to stop pinging each other when you do an Avira scan?

Is it possible as the scan duration doubles?

I know you can suspend Threatfire but my kids will forget to enable it.

Ian

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

why even use it with Avira. I wouldnt. I would use Sandboxie, especially since I have kids.;)

3. BCEE

BCEE Registered Member

I'm not really sure what you mean by "pinging." Why is that bad? I have AntiVir and ThreatFire installed and I don't see any conflicts...

4. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

I have bought Avira and Defensewall and both working well.

Threatfire is a possible addition especially as it is free.

I did notice a slight reduction in performance with all three but would live it if I could stop the conflicts.

ATM, I am using Boclean as my third app.

Ian

5. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Run the scan with Threatfire suspended and again with the Threatfire enabled. You should see a significant difference in time.

Open process explorer and you will see that Threatfire and Avira are conflicting during the scan from the mega increase in CPU load.

You can disable Threatfire during the scan or live with increased scan time unless somebody tells us how to configure both programmes such that they don't ping each other.

I removed Threatfire because on two of the three PCs it failed to start when I re-booted the next day. If I could figure out how to stop the pinging I would try it again. It's a good programme and their people are are customer responsive so it is worth trying again.

Instead I have installed Boclean although Threatfire does more. Difference is that Boclean sits there doing its job. Note, there is some slight conflict with Boclean but the slowdown in scan is 10% vs. 100%.

Ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.