ConfigureDefender - for configuring Windows built-in Defender settings

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ichito, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

I did nothing else to add other than what Krusty stated. Looking forward to seeing what the updated Hard_Configurator will be like. But am also waiting for the new version of ESET to drop as well. At the moment just running WD on my desktop and laptop.

2. imdb

imdb Registered Member

i see. afaik, the beta version is already available if you don't wan to wait.

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Thanks I think I will just wait for the final release. I don't want to test on my primary desktop.

4. imdb

imdb Registered Member

suit yourself. :thumb:

5. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

I don’t see why it couldn’t be possible. It is a standalone component like you said earlier.

Andy did make it so that people could install configuredefender without the need of installing H_C

6. imdb

imdb Registered Member

i see. yeah, that's what i thought too. but then again why didn't it work in @Krusty 's case? that's what i wonder. :doubt:

7. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

8. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Andy replied

“It is possible (not recommended), but the H_C must be run without the -p switch. The standalone version of ConfigureDefender uses the "Windows\Temp" folder for intermediate files and the execution from this folder is usually blocked by H_C. Without the -p switch, the H_C does not block processes executed with high privileges, so the standalone version of ConfigureDefender will not be blocked too.
    Of course, one has to rename the standalone version and use the file name from the H_C installation.”
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/configuredefender-utility-for-windows-10.79039/post-961396

9. imdb

imdb Registered Member

thank you so much for taking the time, phoenix. and thanks so very much to andy for his blazing fast reply. he's among the top devs along with @gorhill , @The_PrivaZer_Team and @Kyle_Katarn . :thumb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.