Configure AVG 7.0 in Process Guard

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by pinnace, Jul 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinnace

pinnace Registered Member

Anybody using AVG 7.0 and Process Guard?

I have added EXE's (avgcc, avgemc, avgamsrv, avgupsvc, avgw, avginet) with Blocked privs: Write, Terminate, Suspend, SetInfo. No Allowed privs and no Options.

Looks like it's working but I would like to verify with more experienced users.

Thanks
    P

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Pinnace, Looks like a lot of protected .exe's for AVG? For KAV and NOD32 I only protect the always on processes as shown in Task Manager.
    For instance KAV V5 = kav.exe and kavsvc.exe ie. the resident parts.

I am sure another AVG user will post their settings:)

HTH Pilli

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

AVG has a lot of .exe files and I would like to know what rules to apply to these also o_O I think it is because it is separate components and all of them need to be updated from time to time.

If anyone has discovered the ones to protect I would be grateful for the setup with PG o_O pinnace have your rules worked with the recent update?

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Robyn, Just add the AVG processes that are shown as running in Task Manager. The checksum list will advise when other related .exe's are changed and you should know when that is if you have just updated.

HTH Pilli

5. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thanks AVG is rather complicated with so many things running in the task manager :rolleyes: They also will update from various servers and this is why I have had a conflict with my firewall as it would not accept the hopping about to get an update!

6. pinnace

pinnace Registered Member

Working fine so far. This morning there was an AVG program update to 7.0.261 in addition to virus file updates and I was prompted to confirm the the new checksums imediately after the update as I would expect.

I have the following four programs protected in Process Guard (they are all listed in Process List) with the following permissions applied to each:
    Blocked: Write, Terminate, Suspend, SetInfo
    Allowed: None
    Options: None

• avgcc.exe (control center icon in task bar)
    • avgemc.exe (e-mail scanner)
    • avgamsvr.exe (alert manager service)
    • avgupsvc.exe (update service)

P

7. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thank you Pinnace, I have noted this setup for PG and AVG & really pleased they worked with the latest update. Many thanks I really appreciate this :)

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi pinnace, Thanks for helping :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.