Configuration Editor

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by chmiller, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chmiller

chmiller Registered Member

I don't understand what's happening on this one. If I locate a .xml configuration file, right-click, and "open with Configuration Editor" all is fine. However, if I open Configuration Editor first, go to "file" and "open" and select the file, it cannot open the file (says,"error opening file") even a file I just saved with Configuration Editor. I've uninstalled/reinstalled. CE version 1.29.024. Any ideas?

2. chmiller

chmiller Registered Member

Here's a bit more info. Using Process Monitor, I find the following error when attempting to open a configuration file:

HKCU\Software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\comdlg32\opensavemru\*\g gives a result of buffer overflow two times; success on the third time.

This registry location show various file locations for a-j.

Any thoughts?

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello chmiller,

A possible solution would be to back up the registry key by exporting and saving it. Next, delete the reg. key and run the ESET system inspector. If this does not solve your issue, restore the reg. key.

Lastly, has your system been recently disinfected? If so, that may be the cause.

Thanks,
    Rmuffler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.