Concerned

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by marse.robert, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi,

After reading the various threads about Regdefend I decided to give it go. After downloading the application and updating, I was left with a desktop shortcut and an icon in the tray.

On accessing these two icons I received the message that I alraedy had the Ghost Securities Suite. I could not access any type of GUI. Moreover, I could change anything within the Registry without any interference or challenge from the application.

What have I done wrong?

Marserobert

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

The desktop icon is only used to bring back RD if you have exited from the program by right clicking the tray icon and selecting 'exit'. It has no other function.

If you exit RD it will still be running in the background and will auto-block changes without asking you.

To disable RD (so it does not block anything) you must select 'disabled' from the drop-down box in the upper righthand corner of the GUI.

To bring up the GUI you click the tray icon.

RD will only block changes it is set to protect. To get a much more thorough degree of protection you need to install the new 'Tony' ruleset:-

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=760968&postcount=4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.