Computer stops after using bootable medium

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Fransm, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fransm

Fransm Registered Member

When I use the bootable disk I can get into the graphical interface. If I choose Acronis True Image Full version the interface starts but as soon as I touch the mouse the computer immidiately shuts of. Using the keyboard works fine for a backup until I get to the screen where I can fill in some comment, I cannot use the Tab key there so I cannot leave the text field. I cannot touch the mouse either because the pc then shuts off.
    I already used the commands acpi=off noapic but this does not solve the problem.

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

What version and build of True Image?
    Is your OS win2k, XP, or Vista?
    Is your mouse usb or wireless or ps2?

3. Fransm

Fransm Registered Member

I am using True Image 10 build 4940. With a True Image 9 boot cd everything works fine with version 10 it does not. The mouse is either a wireless usb or a wired mouse ps2. That does not make any difference. The operating system on the test PC is windows 2000. On the PC I made the boot CD it is Windows XP. As I mentioned, with the keyboard it works OK but then I cannot leave the screen where I can enter some comment text. I cannot get the focus on the "Next" button because the Tab key just makes a tab in the text field. So if anyone can tell me how to leave that text field without using the mouse I can live with this work around.

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

There are too many oddball problems with ver 10. I've stayed with ver 9. There is also another command besides the acpi one .... I think it is usbmouse=off ... verify that it is that and try it.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Fransm,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download and install the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.