Computer scan stops

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Styfax, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Styfax

Styfax Registered Member

Hello!

In the last month I have been usin kaspersky as my protection. In this time I never could finish one full computer scan as the system block about 53/54%. Meantime I updated it to the final version (the actual one) and them computer started blockinf after 5 minutes of use, if kaspersky active.

In order to solve this (and based in great references in the internet) I changed to Esec smart security (I activated one of yours trial llicences) and used it to scan my computer. But again, the system block in the middle of the scan, about 83%, in the folder c:\windows\installer\(a lot of numbers).

What can I do? I'm using windows vista 32 bits on a laptop with pentium dual core t4200.

Thanks

Styfax

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd check the disk for errors first. Also you can enable logging of all scanned files so that you see if the scan is being stuck on a specific file or just takes more time to scan that folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.