Computer problems again

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by smileyeh, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smileyeh

smileyeh Registered Member

I have x64 Vista with an i7 chip and 6GB RAM. A long time ago I tried Returnil and soon ran into problems with explorer.exe not responding, so I uninstalled Returnil. In October 2012 I decided to try Returnil again, and after some excellent help here in this forum I was able to install Returnil and it ran great. Now, about 3 months later, I'm starting to have the same problems I had before, and in about the same time-frame. Programs are slow to start, programs freeze, explorer.exe stops responding. Instead of uninstalling as last time, I've not used Returnil for a few days, and gradually things have returned to near normal. Is there a reason for this? I'd like to use Returnil for everyday use, but that's not practical if this continues. And if I can only use Returnil occasionally, is there a way to set Returnil to run only when needed, and not all the time?

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi smileyeh,
    At first blush I would say there was something with a heavy hand on the system that is reacting to RSS in some way. considering the intermittent appearance of the problem I am leaning towards a scanner's monitor, a potential application sandboxing issue, or a general lack of resources at specific times in the cycle.

This is all conjecture however and to get a better look at this I would suggest opening a support ticket with the usual logs attached (rvs3.log, rvs-inst.log, and an MSINFO32 report) to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com.

Mike

3. smileyeh

smileyeh Registered Member

Info sent as requested. Hope I got it all right - I'm not sure about MSINFO32 report.

4. Coldmoon

Hi,
    We have the logs and will reply as soon as possible.

Mike

5. Coldmoon

Hi,
    Just a note to say we have your reply and the report that the suggestions did not resolve the issue. As soon as I get a reply from the development team I will update you on any new suggestions.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.