Computer poll

Discussion in 'polls' started by museheart, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel SR

Daniel SR Registered Member

Built my own too. Always have. It's less expensive, I have total control of the components...and it's just fun :)

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I bought a custom tower this Summer.
    Added some good speakers and kept the HP monitor and keyboard.

When I have to buy another pc I'll definitely buy it from the same custom builder.
    I got what I wanted and I haven't had any problems. :)

3. root

root Registered Member

I just bought my 5th Dell. I will buy no more.
    1. You do not have a choice of OSs.
    2. You cannot get your machine without a bunch of crap like McAfee installed. Takes almost a day to delete all the useless garbage and try to clean up the leftovers. Great way to start with a fresh install.
    3. They are too stingy with RAM. Order more and you pay an arm and a leg.
    4. Unless you get a high end system, too much is on the motherboard, such as sound, video, USB, etc. Bottom of the line quality.
    5. Mail in rebates are a crock. Why don't they just take it off the price?
    6. The BIGGIE - Tech support used to be the absolute best. Very little waiting, and professional help when needed. Since moving their tech support to India, calling for help is nothing but an exercise in futility. It's not the Indians fault. Dell just wants to pull people off the street, train them for a week how to follow prompts on a computer, and pay them $5 a day.

This latest computer I got is a P4, 2.2 Gig, and I upgraded to 728 Megs RAM. It came with XP Home. Had trouble with it from the start. Finally gave up and formated, installed Win2k SP4 and reinstalled all my programs.
    I have an older P3 Dell, 733 mhz with 128Megs RAM. It runs faster, loads faster, and shuts down faster.

I'm building my next one. BAH!

4. DougRees

DougRees Registered Member

I didn't vote in your poll, because it's been quite a while since I used a commercial computer. Mine is put together piece by piece, with a Lian Li case, a Vantec power supply, an AMD chip, an MSI motherboard, Maxtor and IBM hard drives, Plextor and Sony CD/DVD burners, a Sony monitor, an Epson printer, and a Microtek scanner. So what the hell is ito_O--I don't know. I guess, like me, it's a Heinz 57.

5. Godzilla

Godzilla AV Expert

I did vote for Dell.
    I use a Dell Notebook (Inspirion 8500) with P4 CPU, >1GB Ram, lots of Harddisk space, DVD Rewriter, Firewire, Blueto., integrated WLAN, GFORCE 4 and a TFT Display with 1920 x 1200 and many other things. Never had any problems with it.
    The (business) support is first class and just in plain words for a business notebook there is almost no other suitable choise beside Dell with quality and support.

Regards,
    Godzilla

6. tepi

tepi Registered Member

My ancient GATEWAY with 733 megahertz Intel Pentium III.
    What I like about it is that when I turn it on it works :) Also, after owning a series of laptops (Compaq, Thinkpad) which simply had to be thrown away when they grew old, I thought I'd shift to something that could more easily be upgraded.

What I hate about it is its bulky case - the interior of which is mostly empty space even with most slots filled - and its noisy fans. But you can't have everything.

Cheers

7. musicman

musicman Registered Member

I have a Compaq 5441 which I just love!!! It performs flawless for me and has done a great job since I have purchased it. I will be getting another one shortly :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.