Computer freezed with bad cluster

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rocchellid, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocchellid

rocchellid Registered Member

Hi, i have found a problem. I've made a image of the partition with OS in windows, but after 10 minutes i have found the computer freezed. The only thing to do is to push the reset button (ctrl-alt-del don't go). Then i have made the image with cd at boot and after 10 minutes i have had a error message that say of an reading error (possible bad cluster).
    I have made full scan with HD's utility, repaired the bad cluster e the image in windows go ok.
    Why if i have a bad cluster, in windows mode true image freez the computer ? I think is possible have the error message also in windows mode ... In the true image's log i have found nothing, also in windows's events.
    Thanks and sorry for my terrible english

Davide (Italy)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rocchellid,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Actually, Acronis True Image has a function that reports the "bad clusters" error. What was the real cause of freezing... it's hard to answer now.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. rocchellid

rocchellid Registered Member

I Andrew, I am happy to use true image, 'is really better than Drive Image/Ghost.

I don't know the reason of freez, but i'm sure that the problem is generated by true image, 'cause i have run it 3 times and in all times the pc is freezed at the same percentage of image (in windows). And after i have checked the hd with maxtor's tools (to remark bad cluster), the problem (image from windows) disappear. First and after image, I have never this problem.
    I have Windows XP Pro SP2 Italian and when i run true image (the last version), the only things that running are Norton Anti Virus 2005 Italian and Kerio Personal Firewall 4.1.1 (i have not made test with this 2 sw stopped).

Davide

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Dear Davide,

Thank you for taking your time to write here.

Please contact support@acronis.com if this problem appears again.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.