computer cuts off

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by evrslotman, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evrslotman

evrslotman Guest

hi all, im not sure if this is the right place. but here goes. im having a problem with my computer.when i turn my computer on, it starts to to boot then it cuts off. i have to unplug it for 30 sec then it works fine the rest of the nite. my system is hp 933 processor 256 ram penIII ME edition. id appreciate any help

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Possible hard disk problem, maybe not coming up to speed soon enough. Is it an old disk? Is the room cold where you keep your machine? In any case, take backups - in case the HD fails completely.

3. evrslotman

evrslotman Guest

its about a year and half old. its in the kitchen were it stay real warm

4. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Have to say, it sounds like a hardware problem with HD. Hmm...there used to be a utility under DOS to delay bootup while the hard disk gets up to speed. Anyone here know of a Windows version?

Just out of curiosity, try setting your BIOS boot sequence to A:, C: in case the couple of extra seconds your machine will take to go the HD will make any difference.

Good luck!

5. evrslotman

evrslotman Guest

thxs ill give it a try if you think of any thing else feel free to let me know. thxs again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.