Computer Clock

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ritalaxman, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ritalaxman

ritalaxman Registered Member

Can somebody help me out! The clock is stopping when I shut down and I have to reset when I switch on the computer. I have tried changing the battery, etc., to no effect. I am using a PIII original mother board - Genuine Intel x 86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10 with 256 MB RAM and 800 MZh speed - OS Win 98.

Bye.

Rita

2. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2005
  3. Beefcarver

4. ritalaxman

Thank you Beefcarver. I had the atomic clock downloaded, but to no effect. Still had the same problem. Any other suggestions.

Rita

5. hadi

hadi Guest

are you sure the replaced battery is not dead too.

6. Beefcarver

what happens when you click on it in the tray? Do you have it set on the right time zone. Do you have automatically adjust clock to daylight saving changes checked. also always On top and show clock checked?

Or try free Tuneup utilities 2004 at www.tune-up.com

click on the registry cleaner. click complete scan. This is a proven very effective spyware free program that will do miracles to keep your computer running the best it can. It also has other things like the disk cleaner. but this program fixes and repairs alot of problems. Its a must have. It saved me alot of money and worries. This might just fix the clock problem. I think its registry related. You will be very happy with this program its a lifesaver.

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello Rita,

Is that the same PC you had clock problems with back in January in this thread ?

In that thread you gave some CMOS info....

were you the one that went into to CMOS to retrieve that info ?

If so....Please try something. Turn your PC off....then back on and go into CMOS. Is the time correct ?

8. ritalaxman

Yes Beefcarver, I have to set the time from the tray and no I have not ticked the daylight savings.

You are right Bubba, I am having problems from the beginning of this year and when I enter CMOS, the time that is on the system tray and CMOS are the same. Once I reset the time, CMOS time also changes to the reset time.

Rita

9. ritalaxman

Hi everyone and thanks mucho for helping me out.

I have downloaded dimension4 from thinkman.com and now though the clock stops on shutting down, it is set right.

Regards

Rita

10. Arup

Arup Guest

Try www.pawprint.net World Time, it is the best I have come across and its free, they also make the best unit converter called Versaverter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.