"Compute with confidence" - do you still trust TI ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bottom, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredd

Fredd Registered Member

Fredd

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Fredd,

Not sure whether you are aware of it but True Image 9.X Build 3567 and higher contain a completely different "imaging engine" that is backward compatible with images created via earlier versions/builds. However, earlier version/builds can't read images created by the newer "engines". That applies both to the Windows version of TI and the Acronis bootable rescue CD.

Regards

3. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Hi Fredd

Thanks for taking the time to provide your detailed feedback. Hopefully my reply and the replies from others will help you decide if you want to continue with TI or try a different product.

Before you try a different product you may want to firstly join the Forum for that product and read through a selection of the posts to get a "feel" for the product.

I don't work for Acronis and I don't have any particular preferance to using True Image. What I do know is that currently there is not an imaging product on the market that does not have serious problems - its in the nature of the beast. TI is far from perfect but when used with care and within the framework of the constraints as set out in the User Guide, then it is a reliable and stable product.

As you have gone to some trouble to answer my questions I will try to respond to the information that you have provided to the best of my knowledge.

The reason it makes a difference is because most of us at some time add components to an existing system and it is a well-documented issue that TI does not work well with certain types of periferal equipment, such as certain USB external drives.

You should upgrade to the latest build. The reason that you should upgrade is that you get all the latest drivers. For example, the old build may not have a driver that supports your USB drive. Refer also the post by Menorcaman re compatibility issues.

Again, refer to the post by Menorcaman

Make sure that TI will work with the USB. Because TI works with data in a completely different way to Windows there can be problems with the transferring of data between external drives. This is not a problem with TI but rather due to timing differences between the USB device and the motherboard.

You may want to try accessing your images from both Windows and the TI boot CD (Linux) and see if the error messages are the same. You may also want to try moving an image to a different location and trying again.

:)

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Given the error msgs saying not a valid TI image, doesn't contain data and that TI was probably updated and is showing build 2337, my first attempt would be at uninstalling TI and then loading the latest build. Easy enough to try.

5. cthorpe

cthorpe Registered Member

Yes, there are a lot of posts in this forum about corrupted images and other problems. Does that bother me? Not at all. I know that the number of people posting in the TI forum is just a small fraction of the number of TI users, and I know that most computer users rarely go to a support forum and post success stories about a particular piece of software. A support forum, by design, will have posts about problems with the software.

6. Rainer_1958

Rainer_1958 Registered Member

Hi,
    I'm a Newbi here - but more than 25y in the work's in the software programing.
    I have the same problem's - my Desktop crashed and I can't restore the C-Partion - with my experiance, I have every month create a FULL IMAGE from this partion ( in circle of 3 month's) - and ALL off this three Images are corrupt? I can't belived this. I check the archive after create and TI Software tell 'OK' - what's wrong Guy's?
    You don't test your software ?

I have search and found many helps here :) -this is OK-
    but when I pay for a IMAGING Software that helps in a disaster situation and I can't accept, that this important function don't work!

I have my arcives on a seperat disk on IEE1334 under WinXP. And my Software is everytime actualy.
    I hope ACRONIS have fast a solution for this archive problems !
    I've read many other postings with this problem -

and all what I read from Alex (support ACRONIS) is - next version's - sorry -

@Alex - this is not a solution from a professional - your customer stand in a disaster situation and what you say - sorry ....
    Your customer must invest many time to restore the computer - and the software that your company sell's should be an assistance, in order to solve this disaster situation, if the customer notices the fact that the software don't work was offer the assistance, that was promised (and was paid for !) is it already very sarcastic if the supplier except an apology and no solution has.

Feel free to contact me (I'm a registreted user of TI Home Version 9.0 )- be able to do gladly software architecture to discuss, or test, or solutions...
    rgds
    Rainer

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

This thread has probably already run its course, I'll close it down now since it seems to have nowhere to go. In addition, please try to refrain from posting duplicate content. That can only lead to confusion in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.