Completed with errors - Stuck

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mjcomisk, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjcomisk

mjcomisk Registered Member

I have just downloaded build 3633.

I have backed up 80 gb old hdd to LaCie external hdd using TrueImage
    Then installed new 160 gb hdd to PC. Partioned and formatted using Windows XP disk. PC has room for only one hdd.
    Installed TrueImage onto new hdd, and am attempting to copy backup partitions etc. from external device to new hdd (overwriting the formatting and partition).

Two issues:
    1. The backup says it has fat block errors (?) and will not allow me to partition my new drive any larger than my old. I am prepared to deal with that later.

2. When the Restore process goe thru its reboot is says "Completed with errors" in about 5 minutes. Then, reboots to Windows and nothing has changed.

How should I proceed?

Thanks much,
    mjcomisk

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mjcomisk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (3666) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3666.

Please check each partition of your source hard drives by Windows utility:

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drives.

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please take a look at this previous thread concerning the image restoration with bad blocks to the new hard drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.