Compatibility with 64bit

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ahmadk, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahmadk

ahmadk Registered Member

I just got a new board and processor, so I installed the new 64bit Windows. So far everything was perfect until I tried to intall True Image 8 on the station. I was getting an error message when installing it. I tought that the version was the problem so I tried with the latest update. Still the same thing.

When I saw that, I tried the True Image 9 demo. Both the English and French one won't install.

I tried to see if there was an incompatibility with 64bit on the web but was unsucsessful.

If the software is not compatible you should clearly state it on your web site.

Ahmad

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Ahmad,

Did you check out the "Supported Operating Systems" section of Acronis True Image 9.0's <System Requirements> page?

Regards

3. ahmadk

ahmadk Registered Member

It's not stated anywhere it is not compatible with Windows XP X64.
    All applications compatible with Windows XP I tried so far are compatible with X64, so I think it should be clearly stated if it is not compatible with X64.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ahmadk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The current version of Acronis True Image does not support Windows XP 64-bit operating system and similar. Probably the future version of Acronis True Image 9.0 will support this operating system. We regret to inform you that we cannot tell you the exact time of the future version release.

You can obtain Acronis True Image basic functionality of imaging and restoring by temporarily installing Acronis True Image onto a Windows 32-bit machine and creating an Acronis True Image Bootable CD. You can then uninstall Acronis True Image. As the Acronis True Image Bootable CD boots you into the Linux environment you can use it to back up and restore your 64-bit OS.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. ahmadk

ahmadk Registered Member

I already have a CD made of the Acronis True Image 8 I had installed on the same computer before I upgrade my board and CPU. I will use it for now.;)

I still think that you should state it's incompatibility on the Acronis web site.
    I think most people would think the same way I do : "It's compatible with Windows XP Home and Professionnal:rolleyes:, and I have Windows XP Professionnal X64:rolleyes:, it will work for sure:rolleyes:".

For now, I think you should provide a disk maker software compatible with X64 until True Image is fully compatible.
    It's not everybody that have access to another system to temporarely install the software and make the CD.:gack:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.