Compatibility problem?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Antarctica, Sep 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hello,
    Is it possible that there is a compatibility problem between Ghost Security Suite and FireFox?

I did install the new version of GSS and I did experience my first BSOD since I install Windows XP Home Edition three years ago.

And it happend when I was surfing with FireFox. After reboot I noticed I also had lost all my bookmarks in FireFox.

Any idea what it could be?

Thanks

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

I fixed an issue in the driver which could cause a bugcheck. In the future if you receive a BSOD, could you please email me the crash dump so I can easily identify the specific issue you have found. Sometimes the problem isn't with RegDefend, and a crash dump will easily let me determine if this is the case.

The issue wasn't with firefox in particular, rather a general bug which happened in rare circumstances.

You can grab the new driver, through the updater in Ghost Security Suite.

3. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Thanks Jason for your fast reply. :)

4. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I never had a BSOD :D - had to google first to understand. As I also use FF can I clarify if I ungraded to the new version yesterday and have already run the updater, that the problem should not affect me?

5. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

The issue was very rare, which is why most people would never actually experience it. Thanks to someone emailing me their crash dump I could determine what was causing it, without actually being able to duplicate the same issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.