Comparing hash values

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

There's also MultiHasher, by the same team that develops HostsMan.

I ran it for a brief moments and seems good. It also has command line parameters, but I haven't tried those yet. You can also query Virus Total and upload files to it.

-http://www.abelhadigital.com/multihasher

2. m00nbl00d

I found another one. It's an open source project (For those who enjoy open source... and who knows, would like to contribute to it.).

Hash Codes -http://sourceforge.net/projects/hashcodes/

Sounds interesting. It could feature a command line utility, though. I think I got this one in a pile of software to try. I'm addicted to trying software. o_O

3. BrandiCandi

BrandiCandi Guest

And I'll enable your addiction as much as I can- this thread is great information! Can I ask what's driving your search?

4. m00nbl00d

Well, initially I was simply looking for a hash computing software that would allow me to save and/or load previously computed hashes for later comparison. This is a nice way of being sure, say, your Downloads folder content is as it should be.

Then, I simply kept looking for more alternatives (No, I got no urges... lol I search once in awhile :D ); we never know what's out there. Recently, I found, at least, two utilities that allow drag & drop. Really nice functionality, for those moments where we want to check the hash value of a file really fast.

I also got at least one PowerShell script, that will also compute hash values. I downloaded it sometime ago, but never tried it. I'll have to try; I also don't recall the website where I got it from, but I think it was hosted at a scripts repository belonging to Microsoft.

The web is full of good stuff. Every time I make a new search, I always find something I haven't before. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.