comodo's cpu usage is very high

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by cold628, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Comodo CPU usage for me 0-2% The 2% I think is when Im getting Attacked and blasted LOL
    After looking at your setup I think you are right to say what you just said especially for yourself. In this day and age I'm used to having 1GIG or more of RAM on any computer I work on and yes for myself such low CPU usage and memory usage of any program as long as its good shouldnt be a factor cause if it is, then some MAJOR upgrading is in order unless you lack $$$$ but hey who wants to keep playing in the Stone Age? Definitely not me ! :D
    Side note: thats funny you OC your cpu to 3.3G and yet you have only 512MB of RAM ? LOL I just dont get it¿
    I just wonder if that 512MB of RAM you got matches that so called over clocked c331? AHEM............

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  2. cold628

cold628 Registered Member

OC my cpu is just a test. I think its ok. It makes my room warm. im cold.

If there're about 150M free physical memory, 512m RAM is enogh.

3. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

I can get Comodo up to 10% or more of CPU time by opening 25 tabs simultaneously in Firefox 2.0 using Proxomitron (sidki filterset).

This is on WinXP with Opteron 2.4GHz (dual core) and 2GB of RAM + fast disks (SYSROOT and pagefile on separate physical disks).

This is under a no-attack scenario.

All the features in Comodo that have a warning "may slow down system" are turned OFF.

I could NEVER get Look'n'Stop above 2% whatever I did, even under much heavier scenarios (40+ tabs, 750 half open TCP in BT, streaming audio, news, email, etc.)

So yes, Comodo does take quite a lot of horsepower to do its tasks. Considerably more so than the fastest competition does.

However, for what it does, it's still a very decent compromise in features vs speed, IMHO.

But of course, I wished it was more efficient and used less CPU resources :)

regards,

halcyon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.