COMODO

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by cruser921, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonnieville

bonnieville Registered Member

still very difficult to remove all traces from computer. used for over 2 years but now trying pc firewall. seems to be doing very well at the moment. frank.

2. cruser921

cruser921 Registered Member

frank is that all there talking about well if that the case not every program is 100% effective at doing that if it removes itself and only leaves reg keys then hell most programs do this.

3. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

If you find Comodo user-friendly, then all I can to do is to be glad for you. You two met each other :)

But if you try to pass not only GRC, but the whole set of leaktests, you will find that Comodo w/o D+ passes quite few of them.

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I didn't have a problem uninstalling it, but I always use Revo Uninstaller to clean up the bits that apps leave behind. I think running a firewall on your kids pc is a good idea, but you have to choose one they can handle. If responding to pop-ups is unrealistic consider a really quiet firewall, not Comodo :cool:

5. bryanjoe

bryanjoe Registered Member

dear all,

i had just installed comodo firewall pro with defense, after restart, the connection indicate "limited or no connectivity".

how to resolve this? thanks

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Your signature indicates "active" apps include...

Twister AV -- it includes a HIPS
    SSM -- it is a HIPS
    Threatfire -- it is a behavior blocker-type HIPS

Now you have installed Comodo inclusive of Defense+ --and Defense+ is yet another HIPS.

If all of the above is true, you are running FOUR HIPS-type applications!!! No wonder you are experiencing computer problems. You're lucky that you don't have BSOD.

I suggest that you pick one HIPS, and shut-down or uninstall the others. Until you do that, I feel it is pointless to try & discuss your connectivity problem.

7. bryanjoe

bryanjoe Registered Member

hahaha .... i love you.... thanks :D :D

8. Bluenile

Bluenile Registered Member

The same applies for ZA Free and PC Tools Free tho' doesn't it? They all just give basic outbound protection. I'm trying not to be paranoid about security these days as I also have Avira Premium and Comodo Memory Firewall and do regular scans with SAS. It's worked so far as nothing's infected me in the past year. :cool:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  9. 3xist

3xist Guest

Put Defense+ for CFP 3 in Safe Mode.

Once is learns your applications, pop ups should die down... you should be sweet :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.