comodo time machine.

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by The Red Moon, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Personally i think it would be farsafer to just use saved images rather than this software,
    I lurk over at the comodo forum occasionally and the amount of threads in regard to hard drives being corrupted by this programme is quite scary.
    I dont know about the beta version but even using the final version seems a bit dicey.
    Its a great idea in theory but in practical terms it seems more harmful than beneficial.
    For this reason im going to give this a miss and just rely on images.
    :cautious: :ninja:

2. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

To have images is a must from the point of view of security. But snapshot technology is much faster. That's why its so popular anyway.

3. CyberMan969

CyberMan969 Registered Member

I was the same as you before I started using CTM 2.8 two years ago, and it has served me well until I ugraded to SSDs. No BSODs whatsoever in all four of my own PCs (including my wife's), plus many installs on computers of my friends and clients (after a backup of course just to make sure) with minimal failure rate.

All in all I must have put the thing on at least 100 computers during the last two years, with only a few failures - which were reversible because I always backup before installing anything like this anyway.

Once you get used to the instant recoveries of snapshot tech, then there is NO WAY you will go back to the rigmarole of restoring images every 5 min in order to fully undo test installations (that's what I use CTM/RX for, undoing test installs).

4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

When i last used CTM i was also using CIS v4.one thing i have noticed is that their products do get better in time.Now from what i recall i never had a problem with uninstalling CTM.I didnt use it for very long and my problem at the time was not enough space on my drive and if im honest it wasnt the sort of program i really needed but i liked the idea of what it does and it appealed to me and it seemed far better than using restore points etc.
    Of course things have moved on since then and i have a larger drive now so i may try this program again ,but in the meantime i would like to see how it is operating at this moment in time.
    Regards.:ninja:

5. CyberMan969

Try v2.8 again after a backup of course, just in case. the 2.9 beta is slow, I tried it and went back to 2.8. Or wait for the new v3.0 beta which should be imminent (or so we were told).

6. Technical

Technical Registered Member

I've gave up (I promise :D) on anxiety about release scheduling...
    They (the official team) does not provide official scheduling. So, everything is speculation.
    I'm waiting for it since March, 2011... It's a long expectation :rolleyes:

7. CyberMan969

Me too, I've been lurking in the Comodo forums since it was announced. Still we have to accept the fact that this is fresh code written from scratch and it would take time to degug properly. Developmental resources have also been shared with other Comodo programs (CIS 6/Kiosk would consume a big part of that), hence the delay.

8. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

CTM v3.0

-When exactly is CTM v3.0 will be released? o_O

-Does anyone have a clue? o_O

9. burebista

burebista Registered Member

Nope. Not even the developers. :D

10. HarveyV

HarveyV Registered Member

Wow!,It's been some time now that I have actually looked upon Comodo time machine.As for the forum going about on the bugs for pages, they are right about that.Unfortunately I have learned it the hard way, although I was able to recover some of my data I did lose much:argh: . I would not even look up for an alternative for Rollback, I am quite satisfied to what is capable to do. Although Rollback uninstalling process can sometimes be tricky. But if Comodo can impress me extensively then I might just give it a try.Till then Rollback it is! It can just be amazing and saved my bacon a lot of times:D .

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.